Authorities investigating the death of music legend Prince Rogers Nelson found the prescription pain medicine at his home in Minnesota, said the law enforcement officer on Wednesday.
These tablets are usually used in order to relieve the pain. Investigators brought them to the Department for combating drugs, to introduce them as evidence in the case of the strange death of the singer.
Investigators believe that the singer was admitted to the hospital about a week before death, which caused an unplanned landing in Illinois. Hospitalization was the result of a reaction to pain medications, said the official.
The preliminary cause of death of the Prince according to investigators - an overdose of painkillers. The singer was taken to the hospital in Moline, trying to revive him, but it was useless. The Prince was 57 when he died last week at his home in a suburb of Minneapolis. Researchers are still waiting for the autopsy results and toxicology for further understanding of why the Prince was dead.
A pathologist in Ramsey, Minnesota, performed the autopsy of the corpse of a much-loved musician on Friday. Dr. A. Quinn Strobl has finished in four hours, but Strobl said that was the cause of the death of the Prince until the office collects all the necessary details. It will take a few weeks.
The Prince was found in the Elevator in his house in Minnesota on Thursday. Paramedics performed CPR, but were unable to bring him back to life. Sheriff Carver County Jim Olson said there were no obvious signs of trauma on the body of the Prince, when he was found.