LEBEDEV Viktor( Member of the Russia Academy of Fine Arts, State Prize Winner)
Comments for LEBEDEV Viktor
Biography LEBEDEV Viktor
Born September 2, 1909 in Moscow. Father - Lebedev, Vladimir Fedorovich (1875-1967), surgeon. Mother - Varvara Pavlovna Lebedeva (1870-1942). Wife - Tatyana Lebedeva (1915-1988).
Childhood and school years, Viktor Lebedev were in the city of Ivanovo-Voznesensk. The family Lebedev so happened that all the children were engaged in the circle drawing and painting.
Leaving school in 1928, Victor went to Leningrad to enter the Faculty of Painting Academy of Fine Arts. Within two years, Lebedev learns drawing and painting in the studio of the Association of Artists of the revolution. Life in the city among the outstanding architectural ensembles, exhibitions, research projects and listening to public lectures on architecture piqued his interest in this type of art.
Classes at the architectural department of the Leningrad Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture in the All-Russia Academy of Arts, where he enrolled in 1930, met his cherished desire. Lebedev is engaged by the outstanding masters of architecture and fine arts professors L. Rudnev, IA Fomin, artist KI Rudakov, is the practice in the studio EA Levinson and I. Fomin. Since then, all his life he was accompanied by enthusiasm for the two types of creativity: architecture and painting.
In his student years Lebedev friends with PP Steller, with whom later years it has close artistic ties. After graduation they worked in the creative workshop of their mentor academician architecture LV Rudnev. Under his leadership, Lebedev took part in the implementation of major projects. Among them - the new building of the People's Commissariat of Defense of the USSR on Frunze Embankment in Moscow. I Rudnev young architect took over and a love of nature to man, the desire to closely associate architecture with the natural environment, the nature of the terrain and surrounding landscape - natural and artificial - and other features of the terrain.
During these years, Lebedev involved in several architectural competitions. Among them are a monument to the heroes - the participants of the war with the White Finns, the Museum of the Red Army monument beacon Lenin and others. In the group of young architects he had first engaged in a large exhibition of creative works in the House of the Leningrad branch of the Union of Architects, discuss the materials which were published in the magazine "Architecture of Leningrad" (N3, 1940)
. In the early days of the Great Patriotic War, VV Lebedev with other members of the workshop was brought to work to strengthen the defense system of the building of the Hermitage and the preparation of the evacuation of artistic treasures of the museum
. At the end of this urgent work, he was mobilized to build defenses in the south-western and northern approaches to Leningrad. In December 1941, on orders from the Division of State Protection of Monuments of Leningrad attended on Tonnage Measurement of buildings of the former Mikhailovsky Castle. At the end of the siege of winter, January 28, 1942, from exhaustion Viktor Lebedev's mother died, and he, together with the staff of project workshop on February 28 had been evacuated across Lake Ladoga to the mainland
. Impressions of his experiences during the siege of Leningrad later became the subject of many works of Lebedev-painter (series of paintings "The siege of Leningrad", . which are now kept in the Museum of Architecture Schusev in Moscow), . served as a pretext for writing several poems and short-story collection "A string of tests" (one of the stories entered in the Leningrad collection of memories "Feat Century, . 1969),
Since the summer of 1942 to 1945 Lebedev works under the guidance of Rudneva in the workshop of the Institute of massive buildings of the USSR Academy of Architecture in Moscow. Since then, his creative life is closely linked with the capital. Up to 50-ies he was working on rehabilitation projects destroyed during the war of the cities and villages. In 1945 he took part in the architectural design held in Central Park of Culture and Leisure exhibitions captured German weapons.
In 1948, on a project that Lebedev, together with Steller, in Moscow, at Petrovka, was built the Ministry of Food Industry of the USSR.
For projects Lebedeva and P. Steller in the early 50-ies were constructed: a house in Novospassky Lane, pavilions of the Central Chernozem regions and Tsentrsoyuza on VDNH USSR. Lebedev has been resolved architectural part of the monument to Maxim Gorky in his homeland in Nizhny Novgorod (sculptor V. Mukhina)
. Collaboration with sculptor characteristic VV Lebedeva, and he takes part in competitions on the theme, . associated with the Great Patriotic War, . working together with V. Mukhina (lighthouse monument to the Heroic Defenders of Sevastopol, . 1943), . AN Tomsk (Arch in honor of the Victory over Nazi Germany, . 1945-1946),
. The competition of projects of the monument to Lenin on Lenin Hills in Moscow, he worked with M. Baburin, and later - with N. Tomsk, A. Kibalnikovym, L. Golovnitskim. In the late 70's, solving the complex task of monumental propaganda Perovskoj district of Moscow, an architect working with muralist O. Filatchevym, W. Castle, sculptor Vyban.
The first postwar years, full of creative research and active work on construction sites, and brought the first serious recognition of. In 1951, the team of architects in the AI Loveyko, V. Lebedev and P. Steller was awarded the USSR State Prize for the building of the hotel "Soviet" in Moscow.
Working in the workshop "Mosproekt - 1, Lebedev constantly engaged in the design of large urban complexes. They made the project planning and development of Smolensk Square and the Rostov Region and Smolensk embankments (1956), . subway station "Prospect Mira" (radial, . 1957), . construction of a large complex on the southwest side of the fork in the metro Sokol, . where Lebedev first to apply architectural techniques of building a large segment of highway, . then seized by other architects,
. An important landmark in the work Lebedeva becomes 1959, . when he was appointed head of the workshop "Mosproekt-1", . which were concentrated urban development and design work on the Kalinin and perovskite Areas, . in the late 70's, he became the chief architect of the Northeast planning area of Moscow, . which includes several administrative areas,
. But along with increased responsibilities for management of a team Lebedev continues to self-design, involved in the construction of individual buildings
. Under his creative leadership designed these new residential areas, as Veshnyaki-Vladychino, Ivanovo, Novo-Koshino, residential complex between the area and the area Ilyich Pryamikova, as well as socio-trade, cultural and administrative buildings
. Among them: the building of the Moscow Academic Choreography School on 2 nd Frunze Street (State Prize of the RSFSR, . 1969), . building Perovsky RK CPSU and the District Council (1974), . Pioneers and schoolchildren in the area Perovo, . Cinema "Sayani" in the region of Ivanovo (1981),
. Lebedev is involved in many large, domestic, . and international competitions, . among them - memorial zone in Ulyanovsk, . monument to the defenders of the Bay of Pigs (Cuba), . planning and construction of a new district of Warsaw - Gotslava (award construction minister of Poland), . complex of the Arts Center in Paris, etc.,
. The project Lebedeva (together with Yu Konovalov) in 1976, the building is constructed Rossiyskogo Embassy in Rangoon (Burma).
Along with practical creative activities VV Lebedev for many years taught at the Moscow Architectural Institute. As a professor in the department of urban development, he has trained a team of young professionals, architects, many of whom later became well-known artists and his co-authors. Among them - Yuri Konovalov, Yu Kubatsky, A. Larin, A. Nikonov, A. Tsivjan, I. Chalov, Y. Gaumont, E. Ass, E. Jaworski, etc..
VV Lebedev is known not only as an architect-artist, but as a painter and graphic artist. A number of his paintings are in museum collections in Moscow and Russia. He participated in many exhibitions. His personal exhibitions were held in Moscow and other cities, including the Museum of Architecture named Schuseva (1986), as well as in exhibition halls CDSA. In 1999, the eve of the 90 th anniversary of the architect and the artist for more accountability exhibition of his architectural, pictorial and graphic works held at the Central House of the architect and the museum named Schuseva.
VV Lebedev - the winner of State Prizes of USSR and the RSFSR. He was awarded the Order of Lenin and "Honor", with many medals, including "For Defense of Leningrad" and "For Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War". He - a full member of Russia Academy of Fine Arts (1979), honorary member of the Russia Academy of Architecture and Building Sciences, an honorary member of the International Academy of Architecture. For his great contribution to the development of urban development is thanks to the President of Russia and Moscow Mayor. Awarded the title "Honored Builder of Russia", "Honorary builder of Moscow". As a member of the Union of Architects in 1938, over the years was a member of the Union of Architects of the USSR and a member of the Moscow Union of Architects. In 1999, VV Lebedev was awarded the "Golden Section" for outstanding contribution to architecture and construction.
Viktor wrote three books: "A string of tests" (1995), "Notes on the spatial and aesthetic essence of architecture", "Year of living architect" (1998). For these books at the festival "Architecture-99, the author received a diploma of I degree of the Union of Architects of Russia. For work on the perpetuation of the heroic defense of Leningrad by the veterans of the Volkhov Front VV Lebedev was awarded the honorary signs "In memory of the battle for Leningrad" and "50 years of operation Neva-2".
Viktor Vladimirovich - a big fan of classical symphonic and piano music. His favorite composer - Mozart. In his youth he loved to dance foxtrot, skiing. Now preparing to publish a collection of his poems.
Lives and works in Moscow.