Bobrinskaya Varvara( countess, known Moscow social activist)
Comments for Bobrinskaya Varvara
Biography Bobrinskaya Varvara
Born in Moscow in 1864. Received a good education, having passed a course at home gymnasium. In 1889, Mr.. married Count AA. Bobrinsky and settled with him in a village in the province of Tula, where in 1891 - 1892 years of beginning to engage in social activities, the first organizing famine relief, and then Sunday school and reading for adults. In 1898, in Novorossiysk, Bobrinskaya gained access to prisons and there met face to face with the most complex social problems. In 1901, Mr.. it opened in Moscow, the first women's workers' club, in 1903. - Hostel, out of which then form a society to care for the young girls. In 1902, Mr.. Bobrinskaya published in "Russian Gazette" letter of tramp Khitrova market, which caused a large influx of money. A month later, thanks to the energy Bobrinsk, arose City guardianship of the poor Khitrova market, taking up the device boarding houses for immigrant workers and labor exchange. By 1909, Mr.. guardianship has built a model lodging house in 1500. In 1904 - 1906 years Bobrinskaya took an active part in political agitation, particularly in rural and osvobozhdencheskih circles. In her house a convergence between urban and rural leaders, grouped in Moscow. All the union movement in 1905, Mr.. found in Bobrinsk sympathy and support. Great interest shown it to the peasant alliance, seeing it as a means of renovation close to her heart of Russian villages. In elections in the first Duma Bobrinskaya was active and influential supporter of the Party of Popular Freedom. After the dissolution of the first Duma Bobrinskaya again yielded to educational and organizational work. In 1908 - 1909 years it published in Moscow cheap magazine "Northern Lights". In 1909, Mr.. it initiated and chaired the commission organized by foreign, and later Russian tours, in order to deliver the schoolteachers and democratic intellectuals to travel. During the first two years (1909 - 1910) about 2000 tourists visited abroad. Since 1910. Bobrinskaya began organizing village theater.