Loganovsky Alexander( Sculptor)
Comments for Loganovsky Alexander
Biography Loganovsky Alexander
(1810 - 1855). He studied at the educational school at the Academy of Fine Arts. He received a small gold medal for the relief: "Hector in lozhnitse Helena rebukes Paris for inaction" and a gold medal - a statue of a Russian youth, playing in a fid (a plaster copy of the Museum of Alexander III). This statue, together with the pair to her statue of H. Pimenov: "Young man, knuckles, was welcomed Pushkin's verses (" Young man, full of beauty ..."). Cast iron, both of these statues placed in front of Tsarskoye Selo Alexander Palace, at the Colonnade. In Rome Loganovsky carved marble figure of "Abbadona" and a group of "Young Kievlyanin" (plaster), had given him the title of academician. On his return he played for the St. Isaac's Cathedral are two bas-relief: "Evangelism is an angel pastors" and "Massacre of the Innocents" (in the southern portico). In Moscow, he started producing for the external walls of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior huge relief images and figures of saints and angels (1847 - 1849), distinguished by a beautiful pattern and force modeling. In 1854, Mr.. Loganovsky was appointed professor of the Academy of Arts.