Monigetti Hippolyte Antonovich( Architect)
Comments for Monigetti Hippolyte Antonovich
Biography Monigetti Hippolyte Antonovich
(1819 - 1878). He studied at the Moscow Stroganov Art School and the Academy of Fine Arts, a project for drama school was awarded a medal. In Italy, Greece and the East studied the monuments of architecture and was a rich collection of drawings, for which he earned the title of academician. Appointed chief architect of the tsarist-rural palaces, he led the construction of swimming pools, in the form of a Turkish mosque, a large pond, decorated palace flower greenhouses, the device of two bridges in the park and the construction of several villas. In St. Petersburg, he built the house Novosiltsev Countess Apraksina, Prince Vorontsov (for washing), Earl P.S. Stroganov (on Sergiyevskaya Street). In Crimea, built on his projects, various buildings at the Imperial villa Livadia, including the Church of the Byzantine style. They composed a draft of the Orthodox Church in Vevey, . Switzerland, . and made a few finishing Anichkov Palace state rooms (especially well decorated staircase in the style of Louis XVI, . living in the style of Louis XIV and the library in a late style),
. Further to its work: interior of the Imperial yacht "Power" and "Livadia", Kursk manor house in Prince VI. Baryatinsky, the resumption of the Imperial Palace in Skierniewice and building design for the Polytechnic Museum in Moscow. M. was a great architect-practitioner, and writer skilled ornamentist drawings for artistic and industrial production. Not bad also worked watercolor (in the museum of Alexander III - a portrait of the dancer Adrianova).