Augustine Aurelius( The early Christian theologian, philosopher, mystic)
Comments for Augustine Aurelius
Biography Augustine Aurelius
(lat. Sanctus Aurelius Augustinus)
(13.11.354, Tagast, Numidia, North Africa - 28.08.430, Hippo, Numidia, North Africa)
In the Catholic church is revered as a saint in the Orthodox declared blessed. For many years, was a supporter of Manichaeism, then for a short period gave preference to the skeptics, later confessed to Neoplatonism. In 387 g. Milan A. adopted Christianity. A. First was a devotee of astrology, but then became her worst enemy. He believed astrology was a product of Satan, a kind of black magic. His "Seven arguments against astrology" is still used by critics of astrology as a church, and science areas. Here's how they look:
1. Believing that God gave the power to administer the stars the fate of people, causing great offense to Heaven, because it turns out that God himself destined for some people to commit evil.
2. It turns out that the Court of God has no place in human affairs, if they are given the stars inescapable need.
3. The soul is a man with his conception, birth is merely a stage of development, pre-defined conception. Astrologers are completely unfounded horoscope for the birth, not conception.
4. At the same time, people are born with a completely different character and destiny, although the location of stars at the time of their birth was the same.
5. The fate of the twins is different, although they have the same horoscope.
6. At the same shipwreck drowning people from a variety of horoscopes.
7. Why do affect the fate of only the light of the zodiacal belt, although the sky dotted with no less bright stars? "
(cm. "Creation of Saint Augustine, Bishop Ipponiyskogo". Part 3. - Kyiv, 1907).
|Max for Augustine Aurelius
|What he thought about being