Roller-Andreas Leonhard( Painter promising species and stage scenery)
Comments for Roller-Andreas Leonhard
Biography Roller-Andreas Leonhard
Born in Regensburg (1805 - 1891). Five years old moved with his parents in Vienna, . Art education in there the Academy of Fine Arts under the guidance Nobili, . Kluber, . Platzer and Payne and at the same time he studied his father's construction of theatrical machinery, . And Gayle, . Neff and de Piana - theatrical art in the future,
. In 1821 he made his debut in the field decorator and as an assistant engineer in his father in Vienna. Then he was in Munich and in 1822 served as chief machinist at Vienna Iozefshtadskom Theater. By leaving this post, worked until 1830 at various theaters in Austria and Germany and made trips to England, Scotland and France. In 1833 he was invited to St. Petersburg for the post of interior decorator and chief engineer directorate of the Imperial Theaters. He held this post until the beginning of 1879, in which the disease forced him to resign. In the course of his stay in Russia, wrote to the scenery and made the machine more than 200 plays and put about a thousand pictures of living. In addition, they had arranged a magnificent panorama of the city of Palermo, which is attracting crowds of St. Petersburg audience, but burned down in 1852, and written several theater curtains. As an experienced technician for building and mechanical, . he participated in the restructuring of the St. Petersburg Bolshoi Theater in 1836 and the Winter Palace in 1838, . makes correction stage and machines in the Hermitage Theater in 1856 and performed some other similar work in theaters and office buildings of the palace,
. Decorations R. in 1834 - 66 years were not inferior to the dignity of the finest works of the same kind that attaching presentation at the main theater stages of Europe, he showed them inexhaustible resourcefulness of imagination, taste and masterly knowledge of the prospects. In respect of his art as a decorative painter, Imperial Academy of Arts awarded him in 1839, an academician, and in 1856 - Professor.