(21. 10. 1921 - 17. 1. 1943)
B Aran Mikhail deputy commander of the squadron of the 183rd Fighter Regiment (289 th Fighter Division, 8 th Air Army, South-Western Front), Senior Lieutenant
. Born October 21, 1921 in the village of Gorki now Kingisepskogo district of the Leningrad region in a peasant family. Russian. In 1937 he graduated from junior high school. Worked as an apprentice, then as a turner at the Kirov plant in Leningrad. In October 1938, graduated from the Leningrad Central Aeroclub. In the Red Army from 1939. In October 1940, he graduated from Chuguivska Air Force Pilot School. In the lieutenant sent to serve in the 271 th Fighter Regiment (Special Baltic Military District). In May 1941 he was transferred to the 183rd Fighter Regiment at the position of commander level.
Member of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. He fought on the Southern Front. By October 1941 personally destroyed 5 enemy aircraft. 5 and 6 November awarded 2 orders of the Red Banner, and 8 November in an air battle shot down a He-111 and Me-109. In February 1942 he was appointed deputy commander of the squadron.
Lieutenant Baranov ppm. by June 1942 has made 176 sorties, he personally shot down 20 enemy aircraft destroyed and 6 during shturmovok on the ground.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Mikhail Dmitrievich Baranov was awarded on Aug. 12, 1942.
. In echerom August 6, 1942 flew on alert as part of the Yak-1 fighter aircraft to intercept enemy bomber Ju-87, heading to the city Kotelnikovo with fighter Me-109F
. Despite the fact that the forces beat unequal, our pilots went into battle. While other fighters fought with the "Junkers, Baranov boldly crashed into the system" Messerschmitt ". Upsetting order of battle, immediately shot down one of them. After a successful attack left high and out at a high speed rapid attack shot down Ju-87, which inadvertently separated from the group. Here Baranov noticed how few Me-109 attack damaged the IL-2. He rushed to the rescue and knocked the "Messerschmitt" one queue. Then again went on the attack. Soon ran out of ammunition. Having caught up with Me-109, Baranov struck the wing on the tail, and knocked him. He then gained height and suddenly bumped by another one (a German, apparently, specifically hunting for them). The two fighters came together on a collision course. From a frontal collision of two aircraft flew into pieces. Baranov landed by parachute and soon returned to his regiment.
During the landing hurt his leg and spine. Medical board suspended him from flying, but he continued to fly. Soon he was appointed navigator of the regiment, and then transferred to the 9 th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment Odessa. Because nedolechennyh wounds often ill. In one of the flights in mid-November 1942 brought a leg cramp. He sent a holiday home. There he became worse and he got to the hospital. In the regiment returned 15 January 1943 with a medical report: "Subject to outpatient treatment in part, to prevent the flight of time". January 17, he obtained permission to take off. In the first radius has refused one of the devices. Then Baranov flew on another plane. During the execution of aerobatics plane suddenly banked, turned over on his back and in that position fell to the ground and exploded. The pilot was killed.
B Eul Kotelnikovo buried in the city of Volgograd region. After the war, re-buried in Mamaev Hill in Volgograd. Less than a year of fighting has made 285 sorties, 85 air battles personally shot down 31 enemy aircraft and 28 - in a group, 6 aircraft destroyed on the ground.
H agrazhden Order of Lenin, 2 orders of the Red Banner. The exploits of the Hero of Volgograd Museum exhibits tell of Defense. Name Baranova were named street in Volgograd. His name is immortalized in a commemorative memorial Kirov Plant. In the city of Leningrad region Shales is a memorial plaque.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Aviation and Space USSR
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1968.
2) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 1. - M.: Higher School, 1976.
3) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
4) Anfinogenov A.Z. Moment - an eternity. - Moscow: Soviet Writer, 1983
5) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
6) In the skies of Stalingrad. - Volgograd: Lower Volga. kn. ed., 1983.
7) Vazhiny FA. Air ram. - 2 ed., Lane. and additional .- Moscow: Military Publishing, 1962.
8) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
9) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
10) Gubin BA, Kiselev VA. Eighth Air. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1986.
11) Eremin, BN. Air warriors. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1987
12) Zilmanovich D.YA. On the Wings of the Motherland. - Alma-Ata: Zhalin, 1984
13) I'm going to ram. - Volgograd: Lower Volga. kn. ed., 1978
14) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
15) Lavrinenkov VD. Return to the sky .- Moscow: Military Publishing, 1983
16) Lugansk SD. In the deep turns. - 2 ed. - Alma-Ata: Zhazushi, 1966
17) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
18) Above the fiery Don. - Rostow-na-Donu: Rostov kn. ed., 1985
19) Rudenko SI. Wings of Victory. - Moscow: International Relations, 1985
20) The Soviet aces. - M.: "Eastern Front", 1996.