(17. 9. 1915 - 14. 9. 1941)
B rinko Petr Antonovich deputy commander of the squadron of the 13th Fighter Regiment (61 th Fighter Aviation Brigade, the Air Force of the Baltic Fleet), a candidate member of the CPSU (b) Lieutenant. Born September 17, 1915 in the village Mandrykin (now in the city of Donetsk) in a working class family. Ukrainetz. Graduated 10 classes of school and flying club in the city of Zaporozhye. In the Navy since 1935. After Yeiskoe School Marine pilots sent to the Pacific Fleet. Member of the fighting near Lake Hassan in 1938 and Khalkhin Goal in 1939. Since the beginning of the Soviet-Finnish war transferred to the 13th Fighter Regiment (10-Mixed Aviation Brigade, Air Baltic Fleet). He flew reconnaissance, escort bombers, ground attack enemy forces, for which he was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
In Private World War II on the first day. Lieutenant Brinko P.A. participated in the defense of Leningrad, Tallinn, defended the peninsula of Hanko. Fighting through the opened July 3, 1941, knocking over his airfield, an enemy fighter. Knocked down to them on July 8 bomber Ju-86 was exhibited at the central area of Hanko. July 23 during the day on the sea destroyed the airport 2 seaplanes and air battle shot down 2 enemy fighters.
. I Troma September 5, 1941 in a pair with his wingman Lieutenant Maltsev left on I-16 type 29 on alert to repel enemy air raids on the airfield Lowland (Leningrad region)
. Takeoff, they discovered 18 Me-110. Brinko the run went on the attack on the leading group. The aid of his commander immediately rushed 4 "Messerschmitt". Maltsev tag queue knocked one of them. At this time, managed to take off a few of our fighters. Bitter battle. Soon Brinko run out of bullets and he decided to ram coming in the frontal attack of the enemy. Me-110 stopped shooting, turned sharply away, and then Brinko, making a U-turn, firmly sat on his tail. The distance between the aircraft sharply decreased. Brinko removed the gas, pulled the little lever over and struck the tail rotor "Messerschmitt". Then he turned off the engine and landing at its airport. This was his twelfth victory.
. During two and a half months of fighting, shooting down 15 enemy aircraft and balloon.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union and the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Pyotr Brinko awarded July 17, 1941 for their courage and bravery shown in combat against the Nazi invaders.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner, Red Star and medals.
. September 14, 1941 during an attack Brinko captain was seriously wounded by flak
. When you try to land the stricken plane touched the wing of electricity pylon and fell. Pilot Killed. In the village near the village of Zhilgorodok Lowland Lomonosov district, Leningrad region at the tomb of the pilots who died in 1941 in aerial combat in the defense of Leningrad, the obelisk, which first carved his name. Its named after a street in St. Petersburg and one of the streets of the city of Donetsk. The mine Б•¬ 29 memorial board.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) Burov AV. Your heroes, Leningrad. - 2 ed, additional. - L.: Lenizdat, 1970
3) Gangut, 1941. - L.: Lenizdat, 1974
4) The heroes in jackets. - Donetsk: Donbass, 1976
5) Heroes of War. - Tallinn, 1984
6) Heroes Soveskogo Union Navy. 1937-1945. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1977
7) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
8) EV Jeghers. Soviet naval aviation during the Second World voyne.-Riga: Tornado, 1998
9) Ivanov P.N. Wings over the sea. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1973
10) Inozemtsev IG. Air rams in the sky Leningrad. -L.: Knowledge, 1970
11) Inozemtsev IG. Under the wing - Leningrad. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1978
12) Inozemtsev IG. Taran in the northern sky. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
13) Kabeer, IA. At gunpoint - swastika. - L.: Lenizdat, 1983
14) Kalinkovich NN. Do not interrupted terrestrial communications. - Ashkhabad, 1982.
15) Wings of the Baltic. - Kaliningrad: Kaliningrad kn. ed., 1979
16) Lvov M.L. Heart will not forget. - Kaliningrad: 1988
17) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
18) They fought on the Baltic. - L.: Lenizdat, 1968
19) School of storming heaven. - Krasnodar: Krasnodar kn. ed., 1978