(13. 3. 1919 - 14. 1. 1944)
B unimovich Yuri Emmanuilovich commander of the 1-Guards mine-torpedo Regiment (8 th mine-torpedo Air Division, Air Baltic Fleet) Guard lieutenant. Born March 13, 1919 in the city of Vladikavkaz in the family of a railway worker. Russian. Graduated from high school. He studied at the Pyatigorsk Aeroclub. Since 1938, the Navy. In 1940 he graduated from Yeiskoe naval aviation school named after Stalin. He served as the youngest pilot in the 57 th Attack Air Regiment of the Baltic Fleet.
Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War on the front. Guard Lieutenant Bunimovich YU.E. to October 1943 carried out 98 armed sorties, sank 8 transports a total displacement of 38,700 tons, a tanker, 2 patrol boats, destroyed several aircraft on the ground. 3 enemy aircraft shot down in aerial combat.
January 14, 1944, returning to the job, on the approaches to Leningrad joined the fight with 4 enemy fighters Me-109. Sent his plane in the forehead head-fascist fighters and destroyed it at the cost of living.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union, Yuri Bunimovich Emmanuilovich conferred posthumously on Jan. 22, 1944.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, 3 orders of the Red Banner, medals
. He was buried in a mass grave in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). In the name of Hero named a street in the town of Pyatigorsk, Stavropol Territory.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) In the sky - the pilots of the Baltic
. - Tallinn: Eesti raamat, 1974
2) In the grim years of war. - Stavropol, 1978
3) War heroes. - Tallinn, 1984
4) The heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
5) Their names will never be forgotten. - Kn. 2. - Stavropol: Stavropol ed., 1969
6) Muriev D.Z. Ossetia ottvazhnye sons. - Ordzhonikidze: North Ossetian ed., 1974
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.