(27. 9. 1914 - 11. 5. 1969)
D link Boris adjutant Squadron 45 Fighter Regiment (216 th Composite Air Division, 4 th Air Army, the North-Caucasian Front), Lieutenant. Born September 27, 1914 in Krivoy Rog Dnepropetrovsk region (Ukraine) in a working class family. Ukrainetz. Member of the CPSU (b) to May 1940. Graduated from the 7 classes of the school in 1928. In 1929 he went to work on mine. In 1934 he graduated from the Mining College. He worked as a shift technician, while he studied at the flying club. In 1936 he graduated from the school pilots GVF in Kherson and was left in her flight instructor. In the Red Army from December 31, 1939. In 1940 he graduated from the 8 th Odessa military aviation school pilots named PD Osipenko. He served in her flight instructor.
On the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Together with his brother Dmitri fought in the Crimea and North Caucasus Front.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Boris Borisovich Glinka awarded May 24, 1943 over 200 sorties and shot down 10 enemy planes.
. Then he fought in the South and the Transcaucasian Front
. In July 1943, in an air battle over the river Vorskla blow screw his Aerocobra plane rammed by enemy fighter. Landed the damaged plane.
He participated in battles at the 4 th, 2 nd and 1 st Ukrainian fronts. In air battles personally shot down 30 and in group 1 enemy plane. In one battle at the end of the war, was wounded.
Fter the war he continued service in the Air Force. In 1952 he graduated from the Glinka Colonel Red Banner Air Force Academy. Served Borisoglebsky Red Banner Military Aviation School, at the Cosmonaut Training Center. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, 3 orders of the Red Banner, Order of the Patriotic War of 1 degree, the Red Star, the medal "For Military Merit" and others
In action 11 May 1967 after a serious illness. He was buried in Star City, Moscow Region.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Andreev SA
. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
2) Heroes of fire years. - Kn. 1. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1975
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) Golubev i.i. My friends pilots. - M.: DOSAAF, 1986
5) Golubev i.i. The vertical. - Kharkov: п?я-п¦п©п+я-, 1989
6) And the general, and Private. - Dnepropetrovsk: Promin, 1983
7) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
8) Who was who in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945.Kr.spr.-M.: Republic, 1995.
9) On the verge of possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
10) years of Fire. - Publishing. 2-e, rev. and additional. - M., 1971.
11) VI Stepanenko. People from the legend. - M.: Knowledge, 1975.