(5. 1. 1915 - 14. 9. 1944)
Mr. Rachev Ivan Petrovich Deputy Commander of Squadron 191 th Fighter Regiment (the 7 th Fighter Aviation Corps, Air Defense Forces) Junior Lieutenant. Born January 5, 1915 in the village of Spas-Klepiki Frolovo now district of Ryazan region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1941. In the Red Army in 1936. In 1939 he graduated from the 1-S Kachin Red Banner Military Aviation Pilot School in the AF Myasnikov. Member of the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940.
Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War on the front. Protected Leningrad.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union and the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Ivan Petrovich Grachev was awarded on Jan. 16, 1942 over 102 sorties, 9 personal, and 4 in the group shot down enemy planes.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner, Red Star and medals.
. September 14, 1944, squadron commander, 68-th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (5 th Guards Fighter Division, . 11 th Fighter Aviation Corps, . 3rd Air Army, . 1 st Baltic Front), the Major Grachev PI,
. in an air battle near Riga, expending all ammunition, rammed an enemy aircraft and was killed. Buried in the city of Liepaja (Latvia).
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Baturkin PA, Nikolenko L.P
. In the flames of war. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1983
2) Fighting for Leningrad. Pilots. - Leningrad, 1944
3) AV Burov. Fiery sky. - L.: Lenizdat, 1974
4) The students of the Young Communist League: Heroes of the Soviet Union of the Leningrad Front. - L.1943
5) The heroes of fire years. - Kn. 6. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1983
6) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.