(1. 11. 1921 - 8. 3. 1978)
Mr. udkov Dmitry Vasilyevich Squadron 976 th Fighter Regiment (259 th Fighter Division, the 3rd Air Army, the 3rd Belorussian Front), Major. Born November 1, 1921 in the village of Gross is now Putyatinskogo region Ryazan region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU since 1943. Podolsky graduated from Industrial College in 1940 and flying club. In the Red Army in 1940. Graduated 1 st Kachin Military Aviation Pilot School behalf Myasnikova п-.пг. in 1941.
In the battles of World War II from August 1942. Pilot-instructor Kachin Military Aviation School Senior Sergeant Gudkov DV. September 11, 1942 at 12.00 am on the plane flew Yak-1 intercept enemy reconnaissance aircraft, en route to Stalingrad. In the area of the village Kaisak Stalingrad region at an altitude of 5000 meters, he found Ju-88 and went on the attack. Noticing the prosecution, the Nazi pilots began to maneuver, and the arrows fired. Despite this, Gudkov not behind. Number of rounds he managed to hit the arrow, but then ran out of ammunition and the enemy continued to withdraw. Then Gudkov decided to ram. By increasing the gas, he went to the rendezvous, while maintaining the advantage in height. Having caught up with the "Junkers", he sent his fighter down to the calculation of striking the screw on the plane. At this moment a bomber to maneuver and blow fell in the middle of the fuselage. Upon impact Gudkov thrown from the aircraft and he lost consciousness. At an altitude of about 2000 meters, he regained consciousness and opened his parachute. "Junkers" fell near the village of Kaisak. Two crew members were killed, two - were captured.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union and the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Dmitri Vasilyevich Gudkov awarded 29 June 1945 for 314 sorties, 28 aircraft and 19 boyae personally shot down enemy planes.
. The war ended in the Baltic States, bringing his personal score to 20 wins.
. Fter the war he continued service in the Air Force
. In 1951 he graduated from the Air Force Academy. Since 1977, Colonel Gudkov - in stock. Lived in Moscow. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, 3 Orders of the Red Banner, Order of Alexander Nevsky, 2 Order of the Patriotic War of 1 degree, 4 orders of Red Star, Order of Service to the Motherland in the Armed Forces "3 degrees, medals.
. Died March 8, 1978.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Andrianov, SV
. Flight nature. - M.: DOSAAF, 1981
2) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
3) In the skies of Stalingrad. - Volgograd: Lower Volga. kn. ed., 1983.
4) The heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
5) Gubin BA, Kiselev VA. Eighth Air. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1986.
6) SV Drigo. In a feat - a feat. Kaliningrad kn.izd., 1984.
7) Evilevich R.YA. Valor eternal trail. - Kuibyshev: Kuyb.kn.izd.1979.
8) Kurguzov п?.п?. The stars of the Baltic. - M.: DOSAAF, 1973.
9) On the verge of possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
10) In the field of heroic. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1977