(25. 11. 1917 - 10. 11. 1942)
Dr. Peter L. ymchenko deputy commander of a squadron of 659 th Fighter Regiment (288 th Fighter Division, . 1 st Composite Air Corps, . 8-th Air Army, . Stalingrad Front) Lieutenant,
. Born November 25, 1917 in the village Novokievka now Krasnodon district Voroshilovgrad field in a peasant family. Ukrainetz. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1939.
In the Red Army in 1937. Graduated Voroshilovgrad military aviation school pilots in 1939. Member of fighting with the Japanese militarists in Khalkhin Gol in 1939.
In the battles of World War II from December 1941. Flight commander Lieutenant Dymchenko P.L. in August 1942 on the distant outskirts of Stalingrad on the river Chir, airplane Yak-1 fighter rammed an enemy.
November 10, 1942, Lieutenant Dymchenko P.L. while on patrol near the village of Kletskaya to Don (now c. Kletskaya Volgograd region) entered into a dogfight with 15 Me-109. Tags fire destroyed 4 of them. Killed in that battle.
W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union Pyotr Leontievich Dymchenko posthumously awarded on Feb. 14, 1943.
H agrazhden Order of Lenin. He was buried on the site of battles. Forever enrolled in the lists of the military unit.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) 17 th Air Army in the battle of Stalingrad to Vienna
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1977.
2) Bulkin S.P. Heroes of the Fatherland. - 2 ed. - Donetsk: Doonbas, 1977.
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) AD Zaitsev, Roshchin II, Solovyov VN. Enrolled perpetuity. Kn. 1. M.: Politiz, 1990.
5) Golden Star Transbaikal Cossacks. - Irkutsk: Siberian Prince Vost.. ed., 1966.
6) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
7) registered in Volgograd forever. - Volgograd: Nizhn.-Volga. kn. ed., 1975