(3. 4. 1918 - 14. 7. 1942)
M erdy Evgeny Nikolaevich commander of the 273rd Fighter Regiment (268 th Fighter Division, 8 th Air Army, South-Western Front), Lieutenant. Born April 3, 1918 in the village of Great Viska now Maloviskovskogo region Kirovograd region into a peasant family. Ukrainetz. Secondary Education. In the Red Army in 1937. In 1940 he graduated from Chuguevka Military Aviation School.
Member of the Great Patriotic War in May 1942.
July 14, 1942, Lieutenant poles EH. flew in a pair of second lieutenant FA Usanov exploration. In the area of the city Kupyansk Kharkiv region, they found a large column of enemy tanks and armored vehicles, are promoted to the east, bypassing nashil troops. The information was extremely important and they should have immediately written to bring to the headquarters of Air Force. But the way the scouts blocked 4 fighters Me-109. Poles slave ordered to leave one, but I also received an unequal battle. Skillfully maneuvering and attacking, he shot down one "Messerschmitt". He continued his attack until he was seriously wounded. Chustvuya that forces leave him, poles rammed and destroyed a second Me-109. His fighter lost control and began to fall. Poles managed to jump out of the plane, but the parachute failed to open. Buried warriors 9 th Guards Rifle Division, in front of which there is a battle.
. Total has made 75 successful combat missions, shot down in aerial combat in person 4 and in group 4 enemy planes.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union Yevgeny Nikolayevich poles conferred posthumously Nov. 5, 1942.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner.
. In the village of Great Viska a memorial plaque in the city snowy Donetsk street named after him.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) In the skies of Stalingrad. - Volgograd: Lower Volga. kn. ed., 1983.
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) Gubin BA, Kiselev VA. Eighth Air. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1986.
5) Kalinin VV, Makarenko Az. Heroes feats in the Kharkiv. - Kharkiv, 1970
6) Winged warriors. - L.: Lenizdat, 1965
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) Above the fiery Don. - Rostow-na-Donu: Rostov kn. ed., 1985
9) Shumikhin VS, Borisov NV podvig.Geroizm immortal warriors during VOV.-M.: N.1985