(25. 4. 1917 - 2. 10. 1995)
To aberrations Igor deputy commander of a squadron of the 3rd Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (61 th Fighter Aviation Brigade, Air Baltic Fleet) Guard Captain. Born April 25, 1917 in the village Nikulinskaya now Vologda region Vologda region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1941. Finished 7 classes, worked as a mechanic at Vologda Car Repair Plant. He graduated from flight school Koktebel Osoaviahima in 1938. He was an instructor pilot in the Novgorod flying club. In the Navy since 1939. Graduated Yeiskoe Naval Aviation School in 1940.
In Private World War II from June 1941. Fighting through the opened Aug. 4, 1941, knocking in a dogfight enemy fighter Me-109. Pilot 5-Fighter Regiment (61 th Fighter Aviation Brigade, Air Baltic Fleet) Komsomolets Lieutenant Kabeer IA. in August 1941 at the approaches to Leningrad on I-16 Fighter bomber rammed a fascist Ju-88. The damaged aircraft landed in a field near the village of Big Vrudy.
. Then fought on LaGG-3.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Igor Kaberovu awarded July 24, 1943 for 397 combat sorties, . 92 air battles 8 person and 18 in the group shot down enemy planes.,
. All during the war he personally shot down 10 enemy planes and 18 in the group.
. Fter the war he continued service in the Naval Aviation
. In 1952 he graduated from the Red Banner Air Force Academy. Since 1960, Colonel Kaber - in stock. He lived in Novgorod. Worked in a factory, head of the Novgorod airport, head of the regional aviasportkluba. Igor did a great deal of military-patriotic work, often met with the youth, was a deputy of the City Council. 25 November 1989 he was awarded the title of Honorary Citizen "of Novgorod the Great". In the Novgorod school Б•¬ 28 opened Museum IA Kaberova.
. Awarded 2 orders of Lenin, 2 orders of the Red Banner, 2 orders of the Patriotic War of 1 degree, the Order of the Red Star and medals.
. In action on Oct. 2, 1995.
. At gunpoint - swastika
. - 2 ed., Ext. - L.: Lenizdat, 1983
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
Sources: 1) Andreev SA
. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
2) Burov AV. Your heroes, Leningrad. - 2 ed, additional. - L.: Lenizdat, 1970
3) Heroes gray Baltic. - L.: Lenizdat, 1965
4) The heroes Soveskogo Union Navy. 1937-1945. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1977
5) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
6) Jeghers EV. Soviet naval aviation during the Second World voyne.-Riga: Tornado, 1998
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) Tributs VF. Baltic sailors join the battle. - Kaliningrad, 1972
9) School of storming heaven. - Krasnodar: Krasnodar kn. ed., 1978