(1913 - 21. 8. 1941)
By ovations Peter Semenovich Squadron 129 th Fighter Regiment (47 th Composite Air Division, Western Front), Senior Lieutenant. Born in 1913 in the village Zaharovtsy now Khmelnitsky region Khmelnitsky region in a peasant family. Ukrainetz. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1937. Graduated from the 3 course evening workers' school. Worked lesopilschikom. In the Red Army from August 1, 1934. In 1936 he graduated from the 8 th Odessa military aviation school pilots named PD Osipenko.
We chastvoval in battles on Khalkhin Goal in 1939. In air battles down 3 enemy planes, for which he was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
. In 1940 he graduated from refresher commanders in Lipetsk.
. In Private World War II from July 1941
. Lieutenant Kovats P.S. month of the war has made 78 sorties, 26 air battles down 3 enemy planes.
. August 21, 1941 near the town Dukhovshchina Smolensk region, accompanying the attack aircraft, in an unequal battle on the MiG-3 at the critical moment distracted from 2 enemy fighters disguised attack aircraft
. Both were destroyed with a battering ram and he was killed.
W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union Pyotr Semenovich Kovtsu awarded posthumously April 12, 1942.
H agrazhden Orders of Lenin and Red Banner. In the village Zaharovtsy in honor of Hero of a monument. The name of the school and were Pionerskaja squad.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Rhino EM, Makukhin M.E
. Of the cohort of courageous. - Lviv: Kamenyar, 1978.
2) Vorobyev MV, Khrapchenkov AK. In the battles at Smolensk land. - M., 1975.
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) Ilyin, NG, Rulin VP. Guardsmen in the air. - M.: DOSAAF, 1973
5) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
6) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
7) Tronko P.T. The feat of thy fathers. - M.: Young Guard, 1970