(26. 4. 1909 - 3. 8. 1939)
By ustov Viktor squadron commander of the 56 th Fighter Regiment (Fighter Aviation Brigade, 1 st Army Group) Captain. Born April 26, 1909 in Moscow in a working class family. Russian. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1930. Graduated 6 classes in 1923. After his father moved with his family in the village Khristinovka Cherkasy region. Worked at the depot at the railway station, a laborer, mechanic, foreman. In 1930 he entered the workers' school at the Moscow Institute of Railway Engineers. In the Red Army in 1932. As a special drafting is aimed at 7-th Stalingrad Military Aviation Pilot School and graduated in December 1935. Directed to serve in the Leningrad Military District.
D obrovoltsem participated in the national revolutionary war years 1936-1939 of the Spanish people. He fought in the squadron I-15 under the command of AK Serov. October 14, 1937 in the management intercepted and brought to the airfield Baharalos enemy fighter CR-32. In aerial combat shot down several enemy planes, for which he was awarded the Order of the Red Banner. Once again, Spain, served in the Leningrad Military District in the position of commander of the squadron.
. In May 1939, Captain Kustov transferred to flight commander in the 22 th Fighter Regiment, and from 29 May the regiment participated in battles with the Japanese militarists to Khalkhin Goal
. Soon became the commander of Squadron 56 th Fighter Regiment. In one of the air combat fighter shot down a Japanese Ki-27.
. August 3, 1939 Captain Kustov led the squadron joined the battle with a group of Japanese bombers on their way to the Hamar-Daban mountain on which the MP commander of the Soviet-Mongolian army corps commander Zhukov
. In the midst of the battle he went into a tail flagship bombers, but suddenly his I-16 pecked his nose and began to randomly drop. At the ground Kustova managed to align the aircraft. He again scored high, flagship of the attack and fired him last bursts. But the Japanese bomber still flying. Then Kustov decided to go to ram. He caught up with the SB-96 and hit his fighter on his tail dvuhkilevomu. He fell to the ground and exploded. From a strong impact I-16 broke apart in the air, the pilot was killed.
. He was buried in the area of fighting.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union Viktor Pavlovich Kustova conferred posthumously on Aug. 29, 1939.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin and Red Banner.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Bereznyak NG
. Heroes of the Soviet Union - Uzbek. - Tashkent, 1984.
2) Heroes of fire years. - Kn. 8. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1985
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) Zhukova LN. I choose the ram. - M.: Young Guard, 1985.
5) Krivel п-.п°. Listen, Khalkhin Goal. - M.: Plitizdat, 1989
6) Kuznetsov, II, Jog IM first Heroes of the Soviet Union (1936-1939) .- Irkutsk: 1983
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) Novikov M.V. Victory at Khalkhin -. - M.: Politizdat, 1971
9) NM Rumyantsev. Heroes Khalkhin-Gol. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1989.
10) Khalkhin Gol 39. - M.: DOSAAF, 1989.
11) Shingarev SI. "Chatos" go into battle. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1986