(3. 9. 1908 - 8. 2. 1942)
M escheryakov Ivan Squadron 5-th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (47 th Composite Air Division, Kalinin Front) - Guard Captain. Born September 3, 1908 in the village of Lower Dobrinka now Zhirnovsk region Volgograd region. Russian. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1932. Graduated from the 7 classes. In the Red Army from 1930. In 1938 he graduated from the flying branch of the Kharkov school boundary Dzerzhinsky.
On the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Commander of the 129 th Fighter Regiment (47 th Composite Air Division, Western Front) Lieutenant Mescheryakov I.I. in an air battle on Sept. 20, 1941 near the town Yartsevo Smolensk region on the MiG-3 shot down an enemy bomber. Continuing the fight and exhausted his ammunition, another bomber rammed. Himself safely landed.
In this by December 1941 made 135 sorties, 15 aircraft shot down 5 aircraft fighting the enemy. Mescheryakov I.I. February 8, 1942 in an air battle near the town of Rzhev Kalinin region LaGG-3 for the second time ramming enemy aircraft, but was killed himself.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Ivanovich Mescheryakov awarded posthumously May 5, 1942.
. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner, Red Star
. In Volgograd, the street bearing his name, a memorial plaque, and at home - a bust of Hero.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
3) Dzerzhinsky. - Alma-Ata: Kazakhstan, 1975.
4) Ilyin, NG, Rulin VP. Guardsmen in the air. - M.: DOSAAF, 1973
5) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
6) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
7) registered in Volgograd forever. - Volgograd: Nizhn.-Volga. kn. ed., 1975