(8. 8. 1919 - 1. 9. 1958)
H Hovik Konstantin Afanasievich senior pilot of the 40 th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (217 th Fighter Division, . 4-th Air Army, . North-Caucasian Front) Guard Lieutenant,
. Born Aug. 8, 1919 in the village Orlovo-Medvezhevo now Orel region Orel region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU since 1943. He graduated from the 8 classes. He worked as a mechanic at a factory in Moscow. In the Red Army from 1939. Graduated Serpuchovskay joint military flying school (1940) and Konotopskij school of aerobatics and aerial shooting (1941).
On the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Was a pilot, flight commander, squadron commander of 131 th (40 th Guards) Fighter Regiment (South, North-Caucasian, Central and 2-nd Russian Front). All during the war flew about 500 sorties, shot down a person 23 (30) and a group of 6 enemy aircraft.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Constantine Afanasievich Novikov was awarded May 1, 1943 for 200 sorties, . 10 personal and 6 in the group shot down enemy planes, and for displaying courage and high flying skills.,
. 21 August 1945, squadron commander - Guard Captain Novikov left in stock
. From October 1945 to August 1947 - in flight test work in the LII. Participated in several test works on the topic of the institute. In 1948-1949 - the pilot of the transport unit aircraft factory Б•¬ 64 (Voronezh). Later he lived in Moscow. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, the Order of Alexander Nevsky, World War 1 degree, medals. Died Jan. 9, 1958. He is buried in Moscow on Pyatnickoe Cemetery. At the house where he lived, a memorial plaque.
A etchik 862 Fighter Air Regiment (Transcaucasian Front) candidate member of the CPSU (b) Second Lieutenant Novikov KA. September 27, 1942 returning by plane LaGG-3 paired with the pilot Mikhailov from a mission. Near the village of Akki-Yurt, they found the enemy spotter FW-189 and attacked him. They managed to incite "frame". The enemy tried to escape on its territory. At this time, Novikov ran out of ammunition, and he decided to go to ram. Carefully drawing close to the "frame", he struck a screw on the tail. That has continued to fly. Then Novikov finished off her re-ramming attack. His damaged aircraft safely landed at the airfield. After landing, the screw was replaced. For this feat Constantine Afanasievich awarded the Red Banner.
Particularly distinguished in the summer of 1943 over the Kursk Arc. One day Guards Lieutenant Novikov over their airfield on the new fighter La-5, Atrazhev raids by enemy aircraft, destroyed 5 enemy aircraft at once!
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Andreev SA
. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 1. - M.: Higher School, 1976.
2) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
3) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
4) Vazhiny FA. Air ram. - 2 ed., Lane. and additional .- Moscow: Military Publishing, 1962.
5) KA Vershinin. Fourth Air. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1975
6) Heroes of fire years. - Kn. 2. - M.: "Moscow Worker", 1976.
7) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
8) Red Banner Transcaucasian. - Tbilisi: Sakartvelo Sabchota, 1981
9) On the verge of possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
10) Pshenyanik GA. In the skies of the Northern Caucasus. - Nalchik: Elbrus, 1975
11) Pshenyanik GA. Could reach the Oder. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1985
12) Frolov, PI, Pirogov VA, Makushev п-.пг. Battle constellation orlovtsev.-Tula: 1985