(17. 1. 1922 - 19. 3. 1942)
P ichugin Yevgeny fighter 441 th Fighter Regiment (106 th Fighter Division, Divisional Bologoevsky district PVO) Lieutenant. Born January 17, 1922 in the village of Schumann today Ryazan region Ryazan region in a working class family. Russian. Later, along with his parents moved to the city of Vladimir. Graduated 9 classes. He studied at the flying club. In the Red Army since 1938. He graduated from the Orenburg Air Force College after Voroshilov in 1940. He served as the youngest pilot in the reconnaissance aviation regiment of the Moscow Military District.
Member of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Guarded sky Yaroslavl Rzhev and Kalinin. In one of the air battles in the area Yukhnov on Hurricanes in the frontal attack an enemy fighter shot down a Me-109. Then, rescued a second lieutenant Bondina, knocked another. When the Germans occupied Smolensk, participated in repelling attacks on Moskvvu. Once in the air battle on the outskirts of Moscow, rescued a second lieutenant Stepanova, shot down another Me-109, but was himself wounded in the arm. Results carried out 82 sorties to patrol, reconnaissance and ground attack.
January 12, 1942 the regiment was moved to the airfield Migalovo in the Kalinin region. March 19 Komsomolets Lieutenant Pichugin E.I. on duty at the airport. About 10 hours later he departed for the alarm to intercept enemy aircraft on their way to Kalinin. In the air, he found a group of 8 Ju-88 bombers and 4 fighters Me-109. Having come from the sun, Pichugin went on the attack on the bombers and shot down one of "Junkers". Others dropped their bombs and turned back. When they realized that their attacks only one aircraft, closed the system and opened fire. During this time he attacked "Messerschmitt". Unequal battle ensued. During the battle Pichugin was at the tail of one of them. He pulled the trigger, but the shots are not followed. Then he walked right up and struck the propeller on the tail and fuselage. Sam jumped with a parachute, but one of the Nazis shot him in the air.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union, Yevgeny Ivanovich Pichugin was posthumously awarded February 14, 1943 for ramming enemy aircraft.
. H agrazhden Order of Lenin
. He was buried in a mass grave on the banks of the Volga River near the village Migalovo Tver region. Forever enrolled in the lists of aviation regiment Defense. In the name of Hero of the street named in Tver and Vladimir. In place of death obelisk. Plaques installed in Tver on silk weaving factory in Vladimir on the street its name and on the school building Б•¬ 4, in which he studied. His name carried Pioneer detachment Kalinin school Б•¬ 19
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Baturkin PA, Nikolenko L.P
. In the flames of war. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1983
2) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
3) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
4) The heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
5) AD Zaitsev, Roshchin II, Solovyov VN. Enrolled perpetuity. Kn. 1. M.: Politiz, 1990.
6) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
7) On guard of the sky of the capital. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1968
8) Forever in the ranks. - Kn. 6. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1973
9) Nagorno-AF, Travkin VV. Earth Vladimir heroes. - Yaroslavl: 1967.
10) of the Order of Lenin Moscow Air Defense District. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981.
11) The exploits of the Heroes of the Soviet Union. - M.: Knowledge, 1982