(1918 - 3. 6. 1942)
P odionov Mikhail commander of the 562 th Fighter Regiment (6-th Fighter Aviation Corps, Moscow front PVO) - Lieutenant. Born in 1918 in the village Pesochnoe now Bogorodsky district of Nizhny Novgorod (Gorky) region in a peasant family. Russian. Graduated from the 7 classes, school, trade schools and flying club. In the Red Army since 1938. He graduated from Engels Air Force Pilot School in 1939. Member of the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940.
On the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Rodionov MA. made 242 sorties (including ground attack), in aerial combat shot down 5 enemy planes. Died June 3, 1942 while trying to put the damaged plane after a perfect air-ramming. He was awarded the Order of Lenin and Red Banner.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union Mikhail Aleksandrovich Rodionov posthumously awarded February 14, 1943 for ramming enemy aircraft.
. P Ohorona near the village of New Pool (now Rodionovo) Khimki district, Moscow region
. At home of Hero in the house, where he was born and lived, a memorial plaque. Its named after a street in the city Bogorodsk and d, where a monument was erected Hero. Forever enrolled in the lists of the military unit.
June 3, 1942 Rodionov flew the Yak-1 on the interception of enemy air reconnaissance, walking toward Moscow. In the area of the village Shumyatino Maloyaroslavets district of Kaluga region at an altitude of 3000 meters, he found Ju-88 and attacked him. One of the rounds he managed to hit the arrow. German pilot tried to break away, abruptly dived to the ground. But Rodionov did not depart. Fighting continued at a height of 50 m. The situation was complicated by the fact that Rodionov had to watch not only the enemy but also to maintain high. Soon he ran out of ammunition. To prevent the enemy away, Rodionov decided to ram. Port wing, he struck a spy plane. But the "Junkers" continued to go to the front, down to the treetops. Then Rodionov hit a screw on the fuselage. "Junkers" fell to the ground. With difficulty holding a damaged fighter, Rodionov took him to an emergency, but the market was too low. The plane crashed into an earth embankment. The pilot was killed.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
Sources: 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
4) Zhuravlev DA. Firing shield Moscow. - 2 ed. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1988.
5) On the brink of possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
6) Order of Lenin Moscow Air Defense District. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981.
7) the keepers of the sky. - M.: DOSAAF, 1986.
8) Tyulnikov LK, Basovich YA.I. Heroes of the Soviet Union - Gorky. - 1981
9) Shingarev SI. I'm going to ram. - Tula: Priokskoe kn. ed., 1966