(16. 12. 1916 - 1. 2. 1987)
X aritonov Peter Timofeyevich Pilot 158 th Fighter Regiment (39 th Fighter Division, Northern Front), Lieutenant. Born December 16, 1916 in the village of Knyazhevo now Morshansk region Tambov region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU since 1942. Graduated from high school. After graduating from teacher training courses he taught at the school N 12 of the city of Ulan-Ude. In the Red Army since 1938. Graduated Bataisk military aviation school pilots name Serov AK. in 1940.
Member of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. In September 1941, in an air battle was seriously wounded. He returned to operation only in 1944. He fought until the end of the war in parts of the defense. Altogether during the war in aerial combat shot down 14 enemy planes.
After the war he continued service in the Air Force. In 1953 he graduated from the Red Banner Air Force Academy. He was deputy commander of the division. Since 1955, Colonel Kharitonov - in stock. He lived in the city of Donetsk. Worked in the Civil Defense Headquarters City. Awarded 2 orders of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner, World War I level, Red Star and medals. Died Feb. 1, 1987.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star Medal "Peter Timofeevich Kharitonov awarded July 8, 1941, one of the first in the Great Patriotic War.
June 28, 1941 at 13.00 Komsomolets Kharitonov, Peter flew in the level of I-16 under the command of Lieutenant DN Loktyuhova in its first sortie to repel flying Ju-88 bombers on the island city of Pskov region,
. In the midst of battle Kharitonov bay from a group of one bomber, and decided to destroy it. Soon he ran out of ammunition. At this time the arrow "Junkers" opened fire and damaged the oil system I-16, but the fighter still managed and Kharitonov decided not to leave the battlefield. He went into the bomber's tail and was in the dead zone. To shoot an enemy at close range was enough to turn one, but the guns were silent. Then he added speed and screw their fighters struck at the helm of depth. "Ju" clumsy fell back on his nose and began to fall. Kharitonov watched him until until he exploded. Only one member of the "Junkers" managed to jump with a parachute and was captured. Because of the bend the steering fighter swept shaking, but he continued to obey the rudders. Then he decided not to leave the damaged car and landed on its territory. After the change of the propeller plane was again ready to fly.
August 25, 1941 Lieutenant Kharitonov flew in pairs with Lieutenant Iozitsey to intercept enemy bombers on their way to Leningrad. In the area of the village Zaytsevo Leningrad region has been identified group bomber He-111. With the approach of enemy fighters attempted to hid in the clouds, but leave him unable. When you exit the clouds bombers were attacked by. Fire of shipborne weapons Kharitonov set fire to one "Heinkel". He abruptly around, tried to escape. Then Kharitonov gave the enemy one more turn and he broke even more. Nazi pilots dropped sharply in the direction of the plane and knocked down the flames, and again tried to leave. Kharitonov quickly overtook him and went to attack the rear. He intended to hit the propeller on the tail, but the air jet from the screws "Heinkel" cast a fighter right. Then, in order not to miss the enemy, Kharitonov tilted plane and the plane cut a piece of left-wing bomber. When sea-roach and injured fighter and Kharitonov used parachute. German pilots also jumped by parachute and were higher Kharitonov. They opened fire on him with pistols. The Soviet pilot, pulling lines, increased the rate of descent. His lead is securely covered to. On the ground, the Germans were beaten captured by our infantry. For this exploit Lieutenant Kharitonov awarded the Order of Lenin.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
Sources: 1) Arias A
. In a fiery sky. - Minsk: Belarus, 1988
2) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
3) Vazhiny FA. Air ram. - 2 ed., Lane. and additional .- Moscow: Military Publishing, 1962.
4) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
5) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
6) Djachkov L.G. Our pride and glory. Voronezh, 1968
7) Zhukova LN. I choose the ram. - M.: Young Guard, 1985.
8) For the clear sky. - L.: Lenizdat, 1978
9) Inozemtsev IG. Air rams in the sky Leningrad. -L.: Knowledge, 1970
10) Inozemtsev IG. Under the wing - Leningrad. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1978
11) Inozemtsev IG. Taran in the northern sky. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
12) Winged warriors. - L.: Lenizdat, 1965
13) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
14) AA Novikov. In the skies of Leningrad. - M.: Nauka, 1970
15) The exploits of the Heroes of the Soviet Union. - M.: Knowledge, 1986
16) The most memorable day of war. - M.: DOSAAF, 1970
17) Smirnov, SS. Were the Great War. - M.: COB. Russia, 1966
18) Shepelev AL. In heaven and on earth. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1974