(28. 5. 1919 - 22. 6. 1987)
W touched by Ivan Petrovich pilot 16 Fighter Regiment (6-th Fighter Aviation Corps, Moscow air defense zone), Lieutenant. Born May 28, 1919 in the village Mikhajlovka now Lebedinsk district of Sumy region in a working class family. Ukrainetz. Member of the CPSU since 1943. Graduated from the 7 classes and school FZU. He worked as a mechanic at a metallurgical plant named after PL Voikov in Kerch. Simultaneously, he studied at the flying club. In the Red Army in 1937. Graduated 1 st Kachin Military Aviation Pilot School in the AF Myasnikov in 1938.
Member of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. He fought near Moscow. He flew to attack and cover for ground troops. December 2, 1941 in an air battle near the river Istra rockets shot down immediately, two Ju-87 bomber. By February 1942, Lieutenant Shumilov п?.п?. made 112 sorties in the aerial battles shot down 8 enemy aircraft. All during the war made 565 sorties, shot down 16 enemy planes.
Fter the war he continued service in the Air Force, was the navigator of the regiment. In 1955 he graduated from the Red Banner Air Force Academy. After the Academy served as a senior navigator division, regiment commander, deputy commander of the division. Since 1961, Colonel Shumilov - in stock. Lived in Moscow. He worked as an instructor pilot GVF, then deputy chief of the flight service on a flight-test station. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner, World War 1 degree, 2 orders of Red Star and medals. Died June 22, 1987.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Ivan Petrovich Shumilov conferred by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR from March 4, 1942.
January 4, 1942, Lieutenant Shumilov back in the group to their base of attack after the enemy positions
. In the area of the city of Kaluga region Maloyaroslavets, he noticed an enemy convoy which was moving along the highway in the direction Medyn. Tearing himself away from the group, Shumilov dived and opened fire on enemy aircraft. He twice passed along the column and did not notice that appeared eight Me-109. The enemy opened fire, but the trail went past. Shumilov quick to respond: removed the gas and let boards. "Messerschmitt" at high speed passed by. Right Turn, Shumilov tried to go down in the woods, but then noticed that another Me-109 slipped out from under his aircraft and just about had to open fire. Then he abruptly pressed the control stick away from you and the whole weight of his MiG-3 and hit the enemy. The blow turned out so strong that the "Messerschmitt" broke in half. The blow from fighter Shumilova flew propeller and engine destroyed. Fire broke out. At an altitude of 200 m Shumilov left the plane, but caught the collar of the jumpsuit stabilizer. With great difficulty he managed to get away from the burning plane and near the ground to open the parachute. He picked infantry and sent to the hospital.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
Sources: 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
3) Star nemerknuvshey Fame. - Simferopol: Tavria, 1984
4) aq Kolesnik. Not fade over the centuries. - M.: DOSAAF, 1988.
5) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
6) People heroic profssii. - M.: DOSAAF, 1977
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) of the Order of Lenin Moscow Air Defense District. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981.
9) The exploits of the Heroes of the Soviet Union. - M.: Knowledge, 1986
10) the keepers of the sky. - M.: DOSAAF, 1986.
11) Fedorov A.G. In the sky - Petlyakov. - M.: DOSAAF, 1976
12) Fedorov A.G. The pilots on the protection of Moscow. - M.: Nauka, 1979
13) Fedorov A.G. Soviet Air Force in the Battle of Moscow. - M.: Knowledge, 1974