ALMERIA Louis( Baron, Major-General)
Comments for ALMERIA Louis
Biography ALMERIA Louis
Almera Louis - ALMERAS Louis (1768-1826) - Baron (1810g.), Major-General (1812g.). Service began in 1789. Volunteer in the 5 th Battalion of the Department of Isц¬re. 1792 g. - Captain in the Italian Army. Took part in the siege of Toulon in the position of adjutant general Carto. 1794 g. the alpine army Basdelona where he won a few battles. In 1798, Mr.. his close friend General Kleber persuaded to go with him to the Egyptian expedition. Distinguished in the capture of Alexandria, in the battles of the Nile and at Heliopolis. Received several wounds. 1801g. Brigadier General in the Italian Army. Negative attitudes to the events of 18 Brumaire and the proclamation of the Emperor Napoleon had a negative impact on his career - he stayed out of work until 1809, when he joined the Italian army Eugene Beauharnais. Distinguished itself in battles against Austria. 6 July 1809. was seriously wounded by two bullets in the Battle of Wagram.
Then, until 1811, Mr.. served in Italy. Participated in the campaign in Russia. He was wounded in the battle of Borodino, DURING, and later was promoted to major general for the brilliant maneuvering of his team during the attack on the battery Rajewski. During the retreat was captured by guerrillas from Mr.. Red. He was deported to the Crimea and did not return to France until 1814, Mr.. During the Restoration was preparing soldiers in the various divisions. During the 100 days he joined Napoleon and was appointed commandant of La Rochelle. 7 July 1815. he received from the interim government ordered to leave for Rochefort, where he watched the departure of Napoleon from France. After the second restoration of suspended service, and up to 1819 g. remained without a job. C 1821. Chief Military District. 1822 g. awarded the Order of the Legion of Honor. In 1823, Mr.. participates in the Spanish expedition. From 1823, Mr.. head of the military district in Bordeaux, where he died of apoplexy. His name is carved on the eastern side of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.