Catherine McCormack( Actress)
Comments for Catherine McCormack
Biography Catherine McCormack
Catherine McCormack (01.01.1972 years)
. Place of birth: City Alton (Hampshire, England)
. Studied: a prestigious stage school in Oxford (graduated in 1993)
. Lives: London
. Catherine McCormack has a Scottish origin, although born in Hampshire
. The first crow baby Catherine sounded on Jan. 1, 1972, so that each new calendar year - is also another year of her life. The town, which passed his childhood and youth actress, was very small and quiet. Katherine remembers that all life Alton swirled around the theater, discos and bingo. Nothing else, more remarkable, there is not going. When she was still quite JNA, its plans for the future were very vague. She said that until now did not even know what exactly prompted her to cast a thorny path. Passions she had a lot: "Acting - it's just one of them! - Smiles Catherine. - I do not even know I have some sort of artistic talent or not. "
A passionate desire to play came to her later. When she entered the small, but very prestigious drama school near Oxford, she was just sure that is going to be an actress all the rest of your life.
. ABC acting Catherine comprehended, playing roles in such productions as "The Cherry Orchard," "Arab feet," "Treason"
. The first real theatrical role she received in 1988 (in a small English play "Mother").
But teledebyut Catherine held in the early 90's and was connected with the series "Inspector Wycliffe" and "Strawberry Valley". In 1993 came the first film with McCormack Loaded.
Then came the role of the bride of the hero Mel Gibson's blockbuster in Scotland 1995 "Braveheart". A year later, Katherine has performed the role of Sarah in the movie "North Star", acting together with Christopher Lambert and Jace Caan.
. In 1998, she appeared on screen in the role of a courtesan Veronica Franco in the movie "The local courtesan," and some time later - in the role of Stella in "rural girls," the film about three British women working on the farm during the Second World War
. Another of its work was the role of Christina Mundy in Dancing at Lugnazy.
In 1999, she played Hannah in the movie "Love of this year, and also appeared in" debtor "with Michael Caine and Randy Quaid. In addition, she played Fay in the television series "Love in the XXI century" and performed a more serious drama role in the play "Anna Weiss".
The year 2000 was even more crowded. Among films that played Catherine, should be called: "Shadow of the Vampire," "Weight of Water," "The Tailor of Panama" and other. She played well in the play by Arthur Miller's "All My Sons," for which she was nominated for "Olivier Awards" as "Best Supporting Actress."
. In 2001 he published a thriller involving Catherine and Brad Pitt's "Spy Game".
. Catherine gladly talks about his roles.
. - When I got the role in the movie "Braveheart", I was a little frightened by this
. Prior to this a long time I went to auditions and received nothing, and suddenly - such a role. But I quickly realized that each new step in your career at first frightening, no matter how long you have already worked on the screen. After that, I calmed down and started to work.
- Tell us about your role courtesan. Whether it influenced your life?
- No, I'm not one of those who take work home. I liked to play a woman who does not have to hide their sexuality in order to look respectable - most women now prefer to do exactly. It was very interesting to portray a woman who not only manipulates the men, but must also manipulate and their feelings, because she can not be with someone fall in love.
. - Your creative activity gives you a sense of freedom?
. - Oh, yes
. I am more independent in his characters than in ordinary life, which constantly have to worry about what people say about me.
- Let's talk about the movie "Country Girls". You had a corset disguising in farm boots and pants.
- Yes, for the filming had to make so many different things, which I hope I never have to do. Manure, barns, cow's udder - with this the first time I encountered it here.
- You are not invited to America?
- I have a U.S. agent, who constantly says: "Come and meet people". I used to go there after one of the movies, but honestly, I do not like such shows performances.
- You seem very "earthly" woman. Do not ascended to heaven, because you are famous?
- No, no and no! I absolutely do not accept. I am one of those old hermits who sit at home reading or watching endless video. Actually, it sounds like I'm complaining. But I am absolutely happy.
- And what question you often ask journalists?
- For my entire career was one such question: "What a kisser Mel Gibson?"