Press Secretary of the White house demanding an apology from McCain
Press Secretary of the White house Sean Spicer said Wednesday that critics of a recent RAID in Yemen, including the Chairman of the Senate Committee on armed services John McCain, have to apologize.
Spicer asked the White house briefing about criticism of the RAID, including the comments of McCain, who said that he could not describe the job as "success" earlier in the day. During the operation killed a U.S. serviceman. Prior to the briefing Spicer, McCain criticized the RAID, referring to the loss of life.
"While many of the goals of a recent RAID in Yemen were met, I would not call any operation that leads to the loss of American life as a success," he said in a statement. Asked about McCain's comments at the briefing, Spicer said he sent a "message" to those who said that the mission was not successful, although he did not mention McCain by name. Collected from the RAID, the information will save lives and prevent a terrorist attack.
The RAID in January, included the first military death under the leadership of President Donald trump, and led to a number of civilian casualties, including 8-year-old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, US-born leader of al-Qaeda, who was killed under the leadership of President Barack Obama.
It remains unclear to what extent the consequences of the RAID may have influenced the US relationship with Yemen. This week there were reports that the Yemeni government will not allow military raids in a country without the full approval of the authorities. The representative of the State Department on Wednesday defended the us operation in the war-torn country, and Spicer praised relations between the two countries, saying he "is not able to go further at this time."