The United States banned the entry of 16 Saudi nationals in connection with the case Casucci
The United States banned the entry into its territory of 16 the citizens of Saudi Arabia for being included in the deprivation of life of the journalist Jamal Casucci, reported in a statement on Tuesday the state Department.
This was done in Accordance with section 7031 (C) of the Law on the financing of the state Department, activities abroad and related programs 2019.
"Section 7031 (a) provides that in the case where the Secretary of state has credible evidence that officials of foreign governments were involved in significant corruption or serious violation of human rights, these persons and members of their families shall not be entering the USA ", - the document says.
in view of the reasons recorded "their role In the forced deprivation of life of Jamal Hosokai" without further details.
Casucci, who was a columnist for the American newspaper the Washington post and 2017 were living in the United States, went missing in Turkey on 2 October last year after the fact, how entered into the house of Saudi Consulate General in Istanbul. State media in Saudi Arabia on the night of 20 October issued a letter of public Prosecutor of the country that, on inaccurate data, Casucci dead, his death brought on a quarrel with the employees of the Consulate.
The Istanbul Prosecutor's office said that the murder was premeditated Galucci, the body was dismembered and destroyed after he was strangled in the Consulate General. Turkey demands from Saudi Arabia for the extradition, as well as information about the location of the body Casucci. At the written request of the Saudi state office of public Prosecutor, on the case of murder arrested 21 people. Five for direct participants of the murder, the Prosecutor demanded the death penalty.