I. (11.1.1901, Irkutsk - 1/11/1971, Moscow), the director, 'People's Artist of USSR (1950), five-time winner of the Stalin Prize (1941, 1946, 1948, 1949, 1951). Educated at the Higher Artistic-Technical Institute (1925). In 1918, joined the Red Army. Member of the Civil War. Since 1929 worked as a screenwriter in film. His first film was a very free-style film adaptation of the story Mr.. Maupassant's "Boule" (1934). R. became widely known after it was released on screens the film "Thirteen" (1937) against the Bolsheviks with Bassmachis in the Karakum desert. specializing in historical and patriotic films such as "Lenin in October" (1937), "Lenin in 1918" (1939), where for the sake of I.V. Stalin was totally fictional version of the events. In 1939 joined the Communist Party (b). During the war, put the movie on the hard life of a bourgeois Poland "-" Dream "(1941) and anti-fascist film" Man? "217" (1945). After the war his most famous films were "The Russian Question" (1947), "Leave of mission" (1950). In 1948-49, participated in the creation of the documentary, but it is thoroughly politicized and misleading film "Vladimir Ilyich
Lenin". After Stalin's death, one of the first Soviet-known cultural figures said that since the mid 30-ies. had little in common with the art. Put the film "Nine Days of One Year" (1962), and in 1966 created the built solely on documentary material, outstanding for its psychological impact on the film "Ordinary Fascism". In 1966 received the State Prize of the USSR.
- Letter M. I. Romm H. G. Kuznetsov of the movie "Admiral Ushakov".
- Movies M. I. Romm with annotations.
- Article on M. I. Romme of the "Universal Encyclopedia" on server "Cyril and Methodius". Photos.
- Article on M. I. Romme site "Cyril and Methodius". Great article, picture, frame from the film "Thirteen" Filmography with a detailed story about each of the 15 films the director.
- Detailed filmography M,
. I. Romm (13 movies with annotations) in the electronic catalog "national cinema 1919 - 1998".
- Filmography M. I. Romm site "Video Guides". Information about the film "9 days a year," Admiral Ushakov "," Man б? 217 "," Lenin in 1918 "," Vaseline. "
- Article about the film M
. I. Romm's Nine Days of One Year.
- Story M. I. Romm of the failed series of remakes of Soviet cinema.
- Memories M. I. Romm of Sergei Eisenstein in the magazine Ogonyok.