Born August 12, 1831 in g. Yekaterynoslav (now Dnepropetrovsk) in an immigrant family from Germany. Among her ancestors were representatives of noble birth history of France, Germany and Russia.
As a child, was weak and sickly child. In the opinion of others, possessed supernatural psychic abilities, always striving for independence and freedom.
. Even before the coming of age was married to the vice-governor of Erivan Nikifora Blavatsky
, a man much older than her
. Three months after the wedding, leaving her husband.
From 1848 to 1872 he traveled in the world. During the 24 years went to Africa, Central Asia, South America, India, Eastern Europe and other places in those days have never been Europeans.
. In 1853 she moved to England, but soon started to travel again.
. From 1858 to 1863 she lived with relatives in Odessa and Tiflis
. Prior to 1858 three times attempted to enter Tibet, but they all failed. In a secret entry to Tibet for foreigners facing the death penalty. In 1864, it is finally resolved, and she was again sent to travel around the world.
. In 1873 moved to America.
. September 7, 1875 Blavatsky
opens the first Theosophical Society, whose main objectives are to achieve universal brotherhood of men, the study of Eastern wisdom, the study of the laws of nature and human psychology.
. In 1877, New York, Blavatsky
published a book of Revelations Isis ", which attracted the attention of" a challenge to dogmatism of religion and modern science. "
. In 1878 the founders of the Theosophical Society moved to Bombay.
. From 1884 to 1891 Blavatsky
lived in Europe
. During this period it was written the book "The Secret Doctrine, The Key to Theosophy, political and ethnographic articles, stories about his travels.
. Established major theosophic journals - the British "Theosophist", "Lucifer" and French "Lotus bleu.
. Died May 8, 1891
. This day the followers of theosophical teachings throughout the world celebrated as "Day of the White Lotus.
- A page dedicated to the E. P. Blavatsky. Biography, photos, writings and letters, testimonies of contemporaries, the foundations of the Theosophical teachings (website under construction).
- Portrait and detailed biography E
. P. Blavatsky on the site "Russian Biographic Center.
- Curriculum Vitae E. P. Blavatsky in "universal encyclopedia" on megaportals "Cyril and Methodius".
- Biographical article on E. P. Blavatsky, written by her grandnephew B. M. Tsyrkovym (1902-1981), editor-compiler of Collected Works of Madame Blavatsky. This article was written in 1968. for journal Theosophia (California, USA), which he was editor from 1944
- Radda-Bai '. Very detailed biographical sketch of E. P. Blavatsky, written by her sister in. P. Zhelikhovsky. Posted on the website "Interregional Center of Spiritual Culture".
- Description of life, creativity, and ideological systems E. P. Blavatsky in "Occult" on site "Interreligioznaya page.
- "Helena Petrovna Blavatsky - Journal of Shambhala". Extensive biographical article in the almanac "Arcturus" (б? 8 - 9) at the Medical Academy of Spiritual Development "MADRA."
- Page E. P. Blavatsky site "Ozone". Curriculum Vitae, portraits, bibliography (about 20 books with annotations), links to other resources.
- Curriculum Vitae of E. P. Blavatsky in the electronic edition of the "Pskov Encyclopedic Dictionary.