Sukhoi was born July 10, 1895 in Deep in the family of the national teachers college. In encyclopedias place of his birth recorded village deep Gomel region. However, this is not true. According to his daughter, at a time when, and AA. Tupolev, and S.P. Korolev had been repressed, Pavel Osipovich
, the unenviable prospect of having to enter the number of "Westerners", said the birth place of the same name of a village near Gomel.
. Paul baptized Glubokskiy priest Hilarion Villyanovsky in the church, consecrated as an Orthodox church in 1879 after the abolition of the Carmelite Monastery
. People's College, where he had an apartment Dry, stood next to the church. Families teacher and the priest lived nearby and were friends. Hilarion Vilyanovsky, who died in 1902, is buried in the town cemetery next to Elijah's chapel. The massive granite cross tombstone at his grave recently lay on the ground - someone obviously put a sledgehammer and crowbar, to root out the memory of the priest. Through the efforts of Glubokoye protoireya Seraphim Gologushko in 1989 he was restored. But in 1991, again defeated ...
The summer of 1896 the family moved to Sventyany (as established ethnographers school? 1 g. Deep, a museum P.O. Sukhoi-led teacher stories T.E. Robizo). Here, childhood home of the future aircraft.
In 1914, before Paul Dry opened its doors Moscow University. After the first year he transferred to the Moscow Higher tehnichkskoe School (now Bauman) - then and now the most prestigious technical university. Since 20-ies started his work on the aircraft. Patriarch aerospace Academy O.K. Antonov wrote: "All general aircraft makers, of course, highly educated people, and Pavel
Sukhoi in science was still above us all, though, and did not have the title of Academician. I do not depart from the truth, if you will call St. Paul Osipovich
quintessence of our aircraft ".
- Page P. O. Sukhoi in the air base = KRoN = Roman Karshieva. Detailed biography and a portrait of the designer, photos and complete specifications of more than 30 types of aircraft, created in his OKB.
- Portrait and brief biography of P
. O. Sukhoi in the section "Universal Encyclopaedia" on megaportals "Cyril and Methodius".
- Portrait and detailed biography of P. O. Sukhoi site dedicated to the flight simulator "Su-27 Flanker". Alphabetical list of aircraft grade "Su", developed in the Yakovlev Design Bureau. Sukhoi.
- Portrait and detailed biography of P. O. Sukhoi on the official website of the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS (r. Zhukovsky, Moscow region).
- Pages of Life II. O. Sukhoi. Detailed biographical chronicle of the book A. Kuzmina "General Designer Pavel Sukhoi. Posted on the website of the International aerospace show MAKS.
- Overview P. O. Dry and his namesake on the site "Russia's genealogical tree."