ADOLF Andrew Vikentievich( educator and scholar)
Comments for ADOLF Andrew Vikentievich
Biography ADOLF Andrew Vikentievich
(1857 - 1905). He graduated from the course at Moscow University, was director of the Moscow V High School, was assistant professor of Moscow University, where he taught courses on general didactics, history of pedagogy and methodology of teaching the ancient languages. In 1903 he received a doctorate in Roman literature. On the resignation of a. founded his own school, the foundation was laid by "the principle of freedom but the freedom to be schooled and educated pet from an early age through initiative and self-education". Death prevented A. put into practice their teaching theory. From 1891 to 1902 A. published and edited (the first two years - along with VG. Appelrotom) Journal of classical philology and pedagogy: "Philological Review, which published a series of articles mainly critical nature. A. belongs to the verse of Juvenal's satires, published with extensive explanatory commentary (Moscow, 1888); by him, together with the SI. Lubomudrov, . drafted an initial Latin Chrestomathy, . with drawings of "Orbis Romanus pictus" (M., . several editions), . represents an attempt, . on the idea of Comenius, . put the teaching of Latin in organic connection with the specific material, . borrowed from the life of ancient Rome,
. A. also issued a purposeful academic commentary on the Gallic War Caesar (Moscow, 1890). Edited by A. founded KI. Tikhomirov in Moscow Pedagogical Library "(now continues under the editorship of D.N. Korol'kova), whose purpose - to give a translation of important works of foreign educational literature for her A. Selected works were translated Herbart and, together with SI. Lubomudrov, pedagogical essays Comenius, also separate his "Great Didactics", with the Latin text (Moscow, 1895). - See. "A Memory. V. A. "On. Lubomudrov in the Journal of the Ministry of National Education, 1906, Prince. 6, and the preface to the II to a Russian translation of "didactics" Vielman (Moscow, 1908).