(18. 6. 1916)
D senting Leonid assistant commander of the 112-th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment at the air-rifle Service (10-th Guards Fighter Division, . 10 th Fighter Aviation Corps, . 2-Air Army, . 2-Second Ukrainian Front), Guard Captain,
. Born June 18, 1916 in the village Mikhajlovka now Sterlitamak district of Bashkortostan in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU since 1942. After leaving school, worked as a mechanic trade schools. He graduated from the Aero Club in Magnitogorsk. In 1934 he graduated from the Kazan school instructor pilot. He worked as an instructor of Chelyabinsk Aeroclub. In the Red Army in July 1941.
In the battles of World War II from October 1941. The spring of 1942 arrived in the 236 th Fighter Regiment of the Western Front.
. By omandir level 236 th Fighter Regiment (201 th Fighter Division, 2 nd Composite Air Corps, 4-th Air Army, the North-Caucasian Front) Lieutenant Dema L.V
. May 18, 1943 YAK-1, together with the knowledge back to their base after the air battle. Near Krymskaya (now the city Krymsk Krasnodar region) at high altitude, he found an enemy bomber Ju-88, heading in the direction of our troops. He overtook him at top speed and decided to attack, but all the bullets have been expended in battle. Then Dema was attached under the fuselage "Junkers", came close to him and cut off the tail rotor. The bomber crashed to the ground.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star medal Б• Б•L Leonid Vasilevich Deme awarded Oct. 26, 1944 for 273 sorties, . 38 dogfighting, . 17 personally and in the group 5 shot down enemy planes.,
. Since 1946, Major Dema - in stock
. He took the civil aircraft in the Far Eastern routes, was the polar pilot, worked as a dispatcher Magnitogorsk airport. He lives in the city of Magnitogorsk, Chelyabinsk region. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, 2 orders of the Red Banner, Order of the Patriotic War 1 and 2 degrees, the Red Star and medals, and foreign orders.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Abramov A.S
. Twelve rams. - Sverdlovsk: Medium-Ur. kn.izd., 1970.
2) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 1. - M.: Higher School, 1976.
3) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
4) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
5) Boykov rm. On the main directions. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1984.
6) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) victory in the name of peace. - Chelyabinsk: Yuzhno-Uralsk kn. ed., 1980.
9) Rihterman S.G. The sky of our victories. - Uzhgorod: Karpati, 1977.
10) The glorious sons of Bashkortostan. - Kn. 4. - Ufa: Bashkir kn. ed., 1979.