(10. 11. 1917 - 12. 1. 1943)
M ukov Mikhail airman 3rd Squadron 158 th Fighter Regiment (41 th Composite Air Division, Air Force 23rd Army, the Northern Front), Lieutenant. Born November 10, 1917 in the village Ruzhbovo now Cherepovets Vologda region in a peasant family. Russian. Member of the CPSU (B.) 24 July 1941. In 1930 he graduated from a rural primary school in the village of Intercession. Then he studied at the junior high school in the village Abakanovo. In 1931 he entered Shuhobodskuyu proftehshkolu, from which he graduated with honors in 1933. As a prize he was given a whole made them during practice tool. In January 1934, sent to the Leningrad school of builders of the new apprenticeship. In September of that year worked as a mechanic at the Yaroslavl tire plant. Simultaneously, he studied at the school in the rubber astbestovom Plant. At the close of trade schools got 4 level (the highest for students) and went to work in the electrical Tire. It also joined the Young Communist League. Autumn 1936 to Komsomol sent to the Aero Club. In the Red Army from November 1938. In October 1940, he graduated from the Stalingrad Military Aviation School. The school has mastered the planes P-5, UTI-4, I-16. Together with his odnogrupnikom SI Zdorovtsevym sent to the 158 th Fighter Aviation Regiment of the Leningrad military district.
Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War on the front. His first sortie made 22 June 1941 at 11.00.
June 29, 1941 Zhukov Stamp. year on duty at the airport. In the 5.40 over the airfield show the 12 enemy bomber Ju-88. As part of the Group of Eight-16 fighters under the command of Lieutenant W. Iozitsy he flew to intercept. Decisive attack by our fighter planes violated the order of enemy. Those started randomly dropping bombs and unfold its territory. But one bomber decided to quietly break through to the airfield and drop a bomb on him. Zhukov rushed after him. German shooter opened fire, but the number of rounds Zhukov silenced him. The next place he set fire to the German bomber, which is puffed and began to decline. Zhukov caught up with him, went back to a distance of 50 m and pulled the trigger, but the shots are not followed - ran out of ammo. Then Zhukov decided to go to ram. He threw his fighter at the peak of the enemy. Trying to break away from declining, "Junkers" fell in Pskov Lake, 15 km. west of Island. Zhukov made a landing at its airport. This was his third sortie.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star Medal, Mikhail Petrovich, Zhukov was awarded July 8, 1941, one of the first during the war.
. July 24 adopted a candidate member of the CPSU (b)
. He fought in the skies of Leningrad. September 3 in a pair with P. Shestakov shot down Me-110. Then, accompanied by transport aircraft, covered ports on Lake Ladoga, the Volkhov hydroelectric station. Injured. At the end of 1941, mastered the fighter P-40E. Dec. 3 at Cape Osinovets shot down 2 enemy aircraft. For excellent action during the rout of the Finnish landing on Lake Ladoga was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
. We Troma January 12, 1943 at the beginning of the breakthrough of the blockade of Leningrad commander of the same regiment (the 13th Air Army, . Leningrad Front) Lieutenant Zhukov, MP, . covering the ground troops near the village of Moscow Dubrovka, . joined battle with 9 German fighter,
. In the midst of battle in the petrol tank was hit by a shell and the plane exploded Zhukova. All made 286 sorties, 66 air battles shot down 9 enemy planes in person and 5 - in the group. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, Red Banner, World War 1 degree (January 20, 1943 posthumously).
. B yusty Hero were installed near schools Б•¬ 3 in Yaroslavl (sculptor VA Moshkina) and Abakanove, . plaques - on buildings GPTU Б•¬ 7 Yaroslavl, . School Б•¬ 14 Cherepovets SPTU-1 sat Shuhobod Cherepovets Vologda Region,
. The name of the street are in Yaroslavl, and Cherepovets. Forever enrolled in the lists of employees of the Yaroslavl Tire Plant.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Andreev SA
. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 1. - M.: Higher School, 1976.
2) Andreev SA. Perfect their immortal. - Kn. 2. - M.: "High School", 1986.
3) The immortal feats. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
4) AV Burov. Your heroes, Leningrad. - 2 ed, additional. - L.: Lenizdat, 1970
5) Vazhiny FA. Air ram. - 2 ed., Lane. and additional .- Moscow: Military Publishing, 1962.
6) Air Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
7) Vologda - Heroes of the Soviet Union .- Vologda: North-Western kn.izd.1970
8) Heroes of War. - Tallinn, 1984
9) The heroes of fire years. - Kn. 3. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1978
10) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
LN. I choose the ram. - M.: Young Guard, 1985.
12) Inozemtsev IG. Air rams in the sky Leningrad. -L.: Knowledge, 1970
13) Inozemtsev IG. Under the wing - Leningrad. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1978
14) Inozemtsev IG. Taran in the northern sky. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
15) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
16) AA Novikov. In the skies of Leningrad. - M.: Nauka, 1970
17) The exploits of the Heroes of the Soviet Union. - M.: Knowledge, 1986
18) Rumyantsev B.P. Sky Heroes. - Yaroslavl: Upper Volga. kn. ed., 1979.
19) Shepelev AL. In heaven and on earth. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1974