A woman died after drinking a poisonous herbal tea
A woman died after drinking a poisonous herbal tea, purchased in Chinatown, San Francisco, said Monday representatives of health. They encourage people to throw tea purchased from Sun Wing Wo Trading Company.
According to a Wednesday press release from the Department of public health San Francisco, a woman who was 50 years old, died in February after she drank tea from the leaves, which she purchased from a trading company. Soon after the tea she experienced "weakness and life-threatening abnormal heart rhythms". The woman was sent to the intensive care unit, but it failed to save, she died on Saturday in hospital.
In some cases, people were poisoned after drinking tea prepared from another compound leaves, bought from the same herbalist in San Francisco. The health Department announced that it recovered and was released from hospital on March 12.
Laboratory tests found the Aconite, a plant toxin, patients, and samples of tea purchased from a trading company. Officials of public health has removed the tea products consumed by the patients from store shelves, and track sources of infection.
"Anyone who bought tea from this place, should not consume and should immediately discard it,' said Dr. Tomas Aragon, health officer of San Francisco. "Aconite poisoning can be lethal". According to the Department of health, there are no drugs to counteract poisoning by Aconite.