Ice imperial palace
Ice imperial palace was constructed in the center of town on Neva river - St. Petersburg.
It is the replica of the palace built in 1740 by order of Anna Ioanovna. 3 centuries ago the Empress has ordered to erect marvelous palace in honor of peace treaty signing with Turkey and 10-th anniversary of her ruling. The same year famous wedding of man of motley, owned by prince Golizyn, and widow Buzheninova was celebrated.
And nowadays best masters of several Russian towns have decided to erect the replica of the famous palace from ice. The interior was religiously reconstructed by prints of XVIII century, appearance - by description of historians. Special attention was paid to quality of building material - ice was transported from Ladoga lake since ice on Neva river was pronounced unsuitable for these purposes.