Genre painter. Portraitist. He was born in Tobolsk in the family lawyer GK Kridenera. He studied at art school Arzamas AV Stupina. In 1853 he entered the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and zodchestva.Uchenik MI Scotti, AN Mokritskiy, SK Zaryanko. In 1858 his painting "The Arrival of the mainstay in the investigation" was awarded a large silver medal. In 1861, Perov
for the painting "Sermon in a Village" was awarded a large gold medal and the right to a trip abroad. Continuing the theme of accusatory, he exhibits in 1862 at the Society to promote artists "Rural procession on Easter." Aroused the indignation of official circles, the picture was removed from the exhibition and is forbidden to show. In 1862 was completed another canvas - "Tea in Mytishchi, near Moscow, close to anticlerical orientation to the early works of the artist. In 1862, Perov
sent abroad. Based in Paris, he creates a series of genre painting, showing the life of common people: "The Blind Musician" (1863), "Savoyard" (1863-1864 years), "Paris ragpickers" (1864) and other. In the second half of 1860 the artist created many outstanding works of genre painting: "Last Journey" (1865), "The arrival of a governess in a Merchant House" (1866), "Troika" (1866) and other. An acknowledged master of genre, Perov
, and serves as the author of a number of portraits of distinguished in-depth psychological - AN. Ostrovsky (1871), F.M. Dostoevsky (1872) and other. At the turn of 1860-1870-ies Perov
emerged as one of the initiators and active leader of the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions. In the 1870's genre in the artist takes a new direction. Perov
creates a series of works that are portrayed with gentle humor characteristic of the Russian province of scenes and types of people: "Wanderer" (1870), "Fowler" (1870), "Hunters in camp" (1871). In 1876 was finished painting "Monastyyrskaya meal", launched in mid-1860. At the same time Perov
and drawn to a new genre for itself - historical. His last work the artist was a great multifigured historic fabric Nikita Pustosvyat "(1871).
- In the voluminous biography. G. Perov site "Russian Biographical Dictionary". Links to other materials site.
- Detailed Biography In. G. Perov, and one of his works in the section "Universal Encyclopaedia" on megaportals "Cyril and Methodius".
- Detailed Biography In. G. Perov, a picture and description of a number of his paintings on the portal "Culture of Russia".
- In Pictures. G. Perov site A. Tarasenko, "Russian Painting", presented in three halls ". Clicking the mouse on a portrait of the artist, you can read his brief biography.
- 3 works in. G. Perov can be found in the section "Russian Art" on a private page, George Mitrevski (Auburn University, USA).
- Overview In. G. Perov, his relatives and namesake on the site "Russia's genealogical tree."