Born March 19, 1956 in Moscow, Russian. Grandson of the famous Soviet writer Arkady Gaidar
(Golikov), son of Rear-Admiral, writer Timur Gaidar
, on his mother - the grandson of the writer Paul Bazhov.
In 1978 he graduated from the Economics Faculty of Moscow State University. M. V. University. In 1980 he graduated from the post graduate courses under the scientific supervision of Academician Stanislav Shatalina. Doctor of Economic Sciences.
. In 1980 - 85 he worked in the VNII Systems Research USSR, in 1986 - 87 - Senior Researcher, Institute of Economics and Forecasting of scientific and technological progress USSR.
. Since 1990 - editor of the economic policy of the newspaper "Pravda".
. The spring of 1991 became the director created on his initiative, the Economic Policy Institute at the Academy of National Economy of the USSR.
. From November 1991 - Deputy Prime Minister on economic policy, Minister of Economy (until February 1992) and Finance in the Government.
. At the end of November 1991 outlining the priority actions of the Government of Russia to stabilize the economic situation.
. 2 March 1992 was appointed first deputy prime minister.
. 2 April 1992 was dismissed as Minister of Finance of Russia.
. April 13 Gaidar
said the resignation of the Government.
. 16 June 1992 and was appointed
. about. Chairman of the Government of Russia.
. In December 1992, VII Congress of People's Deputies Gaidar
was not approved as Chairman of the Council of Ministers.
. Since December 1992 - Director of the Institute for Economy in Transition (IET) and the Presidential adviser on economic policy.
. From April 1993 - President of the All-Russia Association of privatized and private enterprises.
. On September 18, 1993 to January 1994 - Minister of Economy and Deputy Chairman of the Government.
. After riots broke out in Moscow on television the night of 3 to 4 October 1993, urging Muscovites to go to Mossoviet to protect democracy.
. 12 December 1993 was elected to the State Duma of the first convocation.
. Member of the Political Council of movement "Russia's Choice
. Chairman of the Party "Democratic Choice of Russia".
In January 1996, came out of the Presidential Council in connection with the events in g. Kizlyar and. Pervomaisk.
. From August 1, 1997 - Member of the Scientific Council of the RF Security Council.
. June 7, 1999 was introduced in the composition of the Expert Council under the RF Government.
. 19 December 1999 was elected to the State Duma of the third convocation.
. In the State Duma in January 2000, registered in the parliamentary faction of the Union of Right Forces
. On January 28, 2000 - Member of the State Duma Committee on Budget and Taxes.
. On May 20, 2000 - Co-ATP.
. He is Chairman of the Constituent Council of the International Center for Research of economic reforms.
. In 1990 published a monograph "Economic reform and hierarchical structures.
. Speaks English, Spanish and Serbo-Croatian language.
. Contains the second marriage
. His wife, Maria Strugatskia, - the daughter of renowned science fiction writer Arkady Strugatsky. Son of Peter from his first marriage, Ivan (1978) and Paul (1989) - from the second.
- Biographical information on E
. T. Gaidar site Ivan Grankina "Archive journalist."
- E. T. Gaidar in the list of the State Duma. Brief biography.
- Bio E. T. Gaydar site of the Union of Right Forces.
- Biography and photo E. T. Gaidar - Chairman of political council of the party Democratic Choice of Russia "- on the site DDA. Contact phones.
- Brief biography and a list of monographs E. T. Gaidar - Director of the Institute for Economy in Transition - site IET.
- Extensive biographical information on E. T. Gaidar's picture on the server "Us and them".
- Detailed Biography E. T. Gaidar on the server "National News Service (NSN). Photography, autograph.
- Bio E. T. Gaidar site "trousers".
- Bio E. T. Gaydar website faction "Union of Right Forces" in the State Duma of Russia. Photography, news, publications and interviews.
- Biographic profiles on E. T. Gaidar in the "Biographical Data Bank" on the server of the journal "Russia's Who's Who". Is a selection of key publications on Gaidar in Russian media.
- Personal card E. T. Gaidar on the server of the State Duma. Photography.
- Portraits E. T. Gaidar in the photo gallery on the server "National News Service (NSN).
- "Field on the verge of bankruptcy". Article S. Moiseenko appointment E. T. Gaidar with reporters during an international policy seminar in g. Pskov (Pskov News, 1 March 1999). Photos.