(28. 11. 1919 - 20. 5. 1942)
B arkovsky Victor A. Pilot 591 th Fighter Regiment (36 th Fighter Division, Army air defense of the country) Lieutenant. Born November 28, 1919 in Vladivostok in a peasant family. Since 1932 he lived in Sverdlovsk. Russian. He graduated from junior high school and flying club. He worked as an instructor pilot. In the Red Army in 1940. He graduated from the Ulyanovsk military pilots flying school in 1941.
Member of the Great Patriotic War from June 1941. Second Lieutenant Barkovskii VA. by May 1942 has made 96 sorties, inflicting considerable damage.
. May 20, 1942 flew on a plane I-153 to intercept enemy reconnaissance Ju-88, taking photos of military installations in the city of Lipetsk region Yelets
. Barkovskii attacked the "Junkers" over the city. Machine guns, he led the Germans to maneuver and thus disrupted photography. Arrows "Junkers" answered by fire. Soon Barkovsky managed to set fire to an enemy aircraft. He turned and went to the front line. Barkovskii tried to finish it, but he ran out of ammunition. Then he approached the "Junkers" closely and has sent his "tea" in its fuselage. Sam died at sea roach.
. W tion of Hero of the Soviet Union Viktor Antonovich Barkovsky posthumously awarded on Feb. 14, 1943.
. Awarded the Order of Lenin.
. P Ohorona in Yelets on Revolution Square
. Plaques installed at the school Б•¬ 17 in the city of Yekaterinburg, and hydraulic units in the tractor factory Elets.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) The immortal feats
. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1980
2) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.1. M.: Voeniz.1987.
4) Golden Stars of Primorye. - Vladivostok: Far Eastern kn.izd., 1983
5) Golden Star Sverdlovsk. - Sverdlovsk: Mid-Ural kn.izd.1970
6) Krasovskii SA. Life in aviation. - Minsk: Belarus, 1978.
7) On the brink of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
8) Polynin F.P. Attack routes. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981