(27. 10. 1911 - 1. 1. 1942)
M atveev Vladimir Squadron 154 th Fighter Regiment (39 th Fighter Division, Northern Front) - Captain. Born October 27, 1911 in St. Petersburg in the family working. Member of the Russian Communist Party (Bolsheviks) in 1938. Graduated 5 classes. He worked as a fitter at the factory "Red October". In the Red Army from 1930. In 1931 he graduated from the Leningrad military-theoretical Pilot School in 1933 - Borisoglebsk military aviation school pilots. Member of the Soviet-Finnish war of 1939-1940.
Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War on the front. Captain Matveev VI. July 8, 1941 in repelling enemy air raids on Leningrad, expending all his ammunition, used a battering ram: the end of the plane of its MiG-3 cut the tail of the fascist aircraft. An enemy plane crashed near the village Malyutin. Safely landed at his airfield.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star" Vladimir Ivanovich Matveev awarded July 22, 1941.
. Awarded the Order of Lenin medal.
. P skirting in a dogfight on Jan. 1, 1942, covering the "lifeline" Ladoga
. Buried in Leningrad.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
Sources: 1) AV Burov
. Your heroes, Leningrad. - 2 ed, additional. - L.: Lenizdat, 1970
2) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
3) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
4) Inozemtsev IG. Air rams in the sky Leningrad. -L.: Knowledge, 1970
5) Inozemtsev IG. Taran in the northern sky. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
6) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
7) Rumyantsev B.P. Sky Heroes. - Yaroslavl: Upper Volga. kn. ed., 1979.
8) Falcons. - L.: Lenizdat, 1971.