(16. 6. 1911 - 10. 10. 1941)
T itenkov Konstantin Squadron 11 Fighter Regiment (6-th Fighter Aviation Corps, Moscow air defense zone) Captain. Born June 16, 1911 in the city Yartsevo now Smolensk region in a large family locksmith Yartsevskaya textile factory. Russian. Member of the CPSU (b) since 1938. Graduated 6 classes and school FZU. Worked at bakery. In the Red Army from 1930. In 1932 he graduated from the Leningrad military theory aviation school in 1933 - 7 th Stalingrad Military Aviation School of Pilots. He served in the Trans-Baikal Military District. In 1938 he was appointed to the emerging near Moscow 11 th Fighter Regiment. He flew fighter-16, in 1940, mastered the Yak-1. Appointed commander of the squadron.
In the battles of World War II from June 1941. On the night of July 22, 1941 took part in repelling the first massive air raid of the enemy to Moscow. To the west of the town of Zvenigorod downed an enemy bomber He-111, piloted by a German colonel, for which he was awarded the Order of Lenin. In one night of fighting in August 1941 he finished fuel. Managed to land the plane make a forced landing in a field.
October 10, 1941 in carrying out their assignment Tityankova plane was shot down. Trying to put him on their airfield Titenkov Killed. A total of 2 minutes of flight he did not have enough fuel for landing in bad weather. Just war Titenkov KN. made 172 sorties, 66 air battles personally knocked 4 (1 battering ram) and in Group 2 enemy planes. Awarded 2 orders of Lenin. At Yartsevskaya bakery building a memorial plaque.
. W tion of the Hero of the Soviet Union Konstantin Nikolayevich Tityankova posthumously awarded Oct. 28, 1941.
September 24, 1941 flew the Yak-1 intercept enemy reconnaissance aircraft, sending to Volokolamsk
. In the area of the city of Rzhev at an altitude of 7000 m found Ju-88 (Do-215?). Titenkov went to him for cutting off and not give away the clouds. He went "Junkers" in the tail and holding in an area inaccessible for the upper hand, opened fire and struck the bottom. Then a few short bursts of fire left engine. Fascist continued to fly. Dive he managed to knock down the flames and he started to go at low altitude. Titenkov not behind. He managed to hit the second arrow. The next place he intended to give to the cockpit, but ran out of ammo. Then he added speed and led his fighter with a slight excess. Equating the speed of his aircraft and the enemy began to fall and tail rotor compartment "Junkers.
Biography provided by AE Melnikov
. 1) Barinov B.I
. Face to the sky. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1980
2) Defense Forces in WWII. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
3) Vorobyev MV Titov VE. Khrapchenkov AK. Smolyan - Heroes Soveskogo Union. M.1982
4) The heroes and the exploits. - Kn. 7. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981
5) The heroes of fire years. - Kn. 1. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1975
6) Heroes of the Soviet Union: A Brief Biographical Dictionary. V.2. M.: Voeniz.1988.
7) Zhuravlev DA. Firing shield Moscow. - 2 ed. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1988.
8) Kolesnik aq. Not fade over the centuries. - M.: DOSAAF, 1988.
9) Wings of the Motherland. - M.: DOSAAF, 1983.
10) On the verge of a possible. - 2 ed., Corr. and additional. - M.: "Limb", 1993.
11) of the Order of Lenin Moscow Air Defense District. - Moscow: Military Publishing, 1981.
12) Fedorov A.G. In the sky - Petlyakov. - M.: DOSAAF, 1976
13) Fedorov A.G. Fate was the sky. - Moscow: Moscow Worker, 1973
14) Shumikhin VS, Borisov NV podvig.Geroizm immortal warriors during VOV.-M.: N.1985