Fish market in Seattle has become a source of flesh-eating bacteria
In Washington, fish market Bellevue has become a source of rare and deadly bacterial infection, which infected the woman, according to the researchers from public health - Seattle and king County. Likely source of infection was the fish, purchased from the Asian food center.
The disease is caused by Vibrio vulnificus, a bacteria symptoms range from vomiting and diarrhea to skin sores and swelling. This can lead to death. A woman who fell ill was urgently hospitalized in the hospital. She cooked fish and will cut your finger, allowing bacteria from the fish to get into the blood.
"Persons preparing or consuming fish of any kind should contact their healthcare provider if they see signs of a skin infection, fever, chills, or diarrhea within seven days after contact with fish," said Dr. Jeff Duchin, officer of public health.
"Currently there is no known risk to people that were not in contact with the fish, but people should always take precautions when handling raw seafood."
Public health "of Seattle and king centre" is testing samples of fish and aquariums in the Center for food Asia. The study focused on fish, but they are also examining the possibility that other seafood may have been contaminated. All of the other fish in the Asian food center Bellevue was disposed of, the equipment has been decommissioned, until they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.