is the glory and pride of national culture. Glinka
learned and generalized the experience of the Russian musical tradition in its various genres, represented as folk music, song and instrumental, as well as works by predecessors. One of the greatest achievements is the implementation and transformation of folk-song elements in the music of high tragic plan, acquiring the classic features. Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka
was born on May 20 (June 1) 1804 g. the estate Novospasskoye province of Smolensk, the son of a landowner. By 12 years was defined mission of the future composer. In 1817, Mr.. he is sent to Petersburg, where defined in the Noble Boarding School at the Pedagogical Institute. Music of the boy involved in the best metropolitan teachers. From 1822, Mr.. appeared his first compositions - piano pieces, songs. In 1830, Mr.. Glinka
taking a trip to Italy, where he studied music and operatic bel canto school. Later, in Berlin, taking lessons of theory and composition at the outstanding theorist W. Dehn
. Returning to his homeland with a solid luggage musical impressions and knowledge, . transgress the composer to create historical and patriotic opera "Life for the Tsar" (1836), . and immediately after its completion, begins work on the second opera - 'Ruslan and Ludmila "(1842),
. During these years, there are ballads, music for the tragedy of H. V. Kukolnik 'Prince Chelm'. The result of the second trip abroad - in Paris and Spain - were the orchestral works 'Aragon hunting' and 'Memories of a Summer Night in Madrid', based on Spanish folk melodies. One of the great composer's works - symphonic variations on the theme of two Russian songs 'Kamarinskaja'. In his later years he worked on an opera based on the play A. A. Shakhovsky 'bigamist'. Feature your new product Glinka
defined as household-opera drama of folk life. Died composer 3 (15) February 1857. Berlin.
- Extremely detailed biography M. I. Glinka, summaries of operas "Ivan Susanin" and "Ruslan and Ludmila" on site "the classical music world."
- Great article on M. I. Glinka, life and creative path, libretto by the composer's operas, picture of the monument.
- Curriculum page M
. I. Glinka on the server "Cyril and Methodius". Most biographical article, portrait, links to essays and books about him. Audio files, with some works of the composer.
- Biographical article about the composer M. I. Glinka.
- Curriculum page M. I. Glinka.
- Biographical article on M. I. Glinka with a photograph.
- Detailed biography M. I. Glinka, his portrait and a number of works in MP3 format at a music education project, "Orpheus". Annotations.
- Biographical article about the composer M. I. Glinka, links.
- Page M. I. Glinka site "Ozone". Curriculum Vitae, references to the book Glinka and movies, which use music composer.
- Curriculum vitae M. I. Glinka, his portrait and some abstract works on the portal "Culture of Russia".