Born August 30, 1860 in the village. Kybartai now Kybartai (Lithuania), the son of a railroad employee. Jew.
Primary education received at home.
At the end of 1860 Levitan
family moved to Moscow.
In 1873 entered the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture.
In 1877 Little was awarded a silver medal for "sketch in oils". In the same year after the death of his mother and then his father's young Levitan
plunged in hopeless poverty. Due to non-payment of fees he was expelled from school, but soon, with the help of friends, he returned there as a scholar, "which has had great success in art". In the same year entered the studio A. K. Savrasov. And then took first in the life of the painter exhibition of his paintings.
In 1879, Tretyakov Gallery acquires first picture Levitan
- Autumn Day. Sokolniki.
In 1884, Levitan
left school. Then he began to speak at the exhibitions of Moscow Society of Art Lovers.
Since 1888 took part in the ongoing road shows.
In 1887 - 90 has repeatedly been on the Volga, Pleso. These visits had a great influence on his work.
. In 1892, Levitan
as an unbaptized Jew was asked to leave Moscow, and he had long to live in Tver and Vladimir provinces, while worries influential friends did not allow him to return.
. In 1896, the second suffered a fever, a complication that has heart.
. In 1898, Levitan
received the title of academician in the same year became a lecturer at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture.
. During his creative life to write about a thousand paintings, drawings, sketches and sketches.
. Died July 22, 1900 in Moscow.
- Information about the life and. I. Levitan Pleso. A selection of paintings, he wrote in this period of life. Hosted on server administration of the Ivanovo region.
- 7 works and. I. Levitan can be found in the section "Russian Art" on a private page, George Mitrevski (Auburn University, USA).
- Painting and. I. Levitan's "Summer Evening. River "on site" Interregional Center of Spiritual Culture ". The history of painting and a review of the artist's work.
- Painting and. I. Levitan's "Dandelion" on site "Interregional Center of Spiritual Culture". Abstract.
- Summary of I. I. Levitan, his relatives and namesake on the site "Russia's genealogical tree."