(1844, Mr.. Chuguyiv Kharkov Province. - 1930, Kuokkala, Finland) - artist. Genus. in a military family farmer. Writing and arithmetic learned from the sexton and the sexton. In 1855 engaged in topographic school, but it was closed due to the abolition of military settlements. He studied at the artist iconographer IM. Bunakova, fulfilling orders for the icons and murals of churches, portraits of native. Collect more money, in 1863 went to St. Petersburg and after lessons in the Drawing School of the Society for the Promotion of artists passed the exams at the Academy of Fine Arts, where he c.. 10 years, writing in its walls which brought him fame painting "Barge Haulers on the Volga". For policy work "Resurrection of Jairus's daughter" Repin
has received the Grand Gold Medal and the right to 6-year study in Italy and France, where the completed art education. Returning to Russia in 1876, joined the Peredvizhniki, becoming one of the leaders of the realist school of painting. Above whatever worked Repin
- fabulous Sadko in the underwater kingdom ", . Revolutionary "The arrest of the propagandist", . historic "Ivan the Terrible and his son Ivan", . voluntary "The Cossacks writing a letter to Turkish Sultan", . psychological profiles "Archdeacon", . "Mussorgsky", . - His work is profoundly social,
The art G.YU. Sternin said: "The poetic world of Repin
- a phenomenon, which has an unusual internal integrity ... The integrity of this was organically linked with the general character of the Russian democratic art culture of the second half of the XIX century., With its desire to realize their socio-historical mission in the formulation of the fundamental problems of human existence ". In 1893R. became a full member of the Petersburg Academy of Arts. He lived in the Manor Penates in Kuokkala to-heaven after the October roar. was abroad. Attempts Owls. Government Repin
returned to the USSR failed. Repin
- author of the memoirs "Distant - Close". In 1940, after Kuokalla was owned by the USSR in Penates opened memorial museum.
- Paintings and. E. Repin site A. Tarasenko, "Russian painting" represented "four rooms". Clicking the mouse on a portrait of the artist, you can read his brief biography.
- 15 entries and. E. Repin can be found in the section "Russian Art" on a private page, George Mitrevski (Auburn University, USA).
- Painting and. E. Repin's "Barge Haulers on the Volga" on the server Information-Analytical Center of St. Petersburg.